• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Removes Moribito from Weekend Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giovanni_gio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
muchas gracias

Greed1914 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
But that's all besides the point. The Ani-Monday block is beating Adult Swim where it counts, the shows.

...you're referring to the programming block that's aired such gems as Virus Buster Serge or Sword for Truth. [adult swim] at its very, very worst (which I'd probably classify as Trinity Blood) is still waaaaaay higher up the quality scale than some of the drek that Manga has deemed air-worthy.

I suspect some of that has to do with the really crappy shows coming from the defunct CPM and were probably now incredibly cheap for Sci-Fi to air as a result. But yeah, those shows are awful.
ryuzaki11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why they still have forums and like the little site for it on [as].

The people there were saying that it was unlikely it would air but i think it could still.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
ryuzaki11 wrote:
I wonder why they still have forums and like the little site for it on [as].

Because most of the time, no one gets around to taking down things like that until months after the fact. Razz Besides that, I don't think anyone knows exactly what the status of the TV rights is as of this moment. [as] could still hold the rights to the first 10 episodes, or they could be in some sort of active negotiations. The rights business is a funny one.
ryuzaki11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I hope they would bring it back soon.

Not enough people have watched yet, I want people to watch this show cause it's great ehehe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jsc315

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
They air the same episodes twice just to get canceled for a show they have replayed 1000 times already. How does this make any sense. I am not a fan of the show in any means but this just seems completely stupid to do that. I really fell sorry for those who watch dubbed anime on there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Could this have anything to do with Media Blasters' financial situation, as they seem to rarely do dubs now/the economy is suffering? Just throwing that out there...
ryuzaki11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
It could be that too, with the financial thing.

Well I would say then if it is financial then I hope it blows off and the series would continue. I've been hearing talk on the [as] boards that it could be gone permanently T-T...

Hope not.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
ryuzaki11 wrote:

Not enough people have watched yet, I want people to watch this show cause it's great ehehe.

I enjoyed Moribito so much that I watched the fansub to see how the show ends. I like the show and I think that it sucks that Cartoon Network won't show the entire dubbed series. OK, so the series is not action-heavy; SO WHAT???!!!. It has good character development, great visuals and a compelling plot. What more does Cartoon Network want???!!! Evil or Very Mad
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
ryuzaki11 wrote:

I enjoyed Moribito so much that I watched the fansub to see how the show ends. I like the show and I think that it sucks that Cartoon Network won't show the entire dubbed series. OK, so the series is not action-heavy; SO WHAT???!!!. It has good character development, great visuals and a compelling plot. What more does Cartoon Network want???!!! Evil or Very Mad

I liked the show so much that I didn't fansubs. I'll just wait for more legal dubs. Smile

Like we've established already, AS didn't want to give it up. When AS acquired Moribito, Geneon died leaving the rights on shaky ground. They got Media Blasters to take over, but it was too late. I think the rights defaulted back to the Japanese creators when Geneon died, and Media Blasters/AS would have to rebuy the rights to get it dubbed.

AS ran all 10 episodes they had, then reran them, hoping things would be settled in the 20 weeks it took to do that. But nothing happened. AS isn't necessarily the bad guys in this. If they hated it, they would've never acquired or bought it. So I'd say this is all a big misunderstanding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I think some of you are mixing up exactly what we do and don't know here. According to John Sirabella, Media Blasters never acquired television rights in the first place when they took over the show's license from Geneon. Presumably, [adult swim] made the TV deal with Geneon prior to their (virtual) demise; it's likely that those broadcast rights reverted to the Japanese production companies at that point. [as] may or may not have been or currently be negotiating with those companies to obtain full broadcast rights. As for Media Blasters, the dub was already in-progress when they took over distribution, and I would assume that it is most likely complete by now. Media Blasters has already released/will shortly release the first ten episodes, with further release dates as yet unannounced.
ryuzaki11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
Maybe we shouldn't just sit here and being angry. Does anyone know how to send them one of those bumps on the T.V. where the reply to you.

All we have to do is contact them and see what they say ya know?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10