• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rightstuf changes Free Shipping policy for Canadians.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UchihaProject

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
No doubt. I've had packages from TRSI in the past that took 27 days to reach me thanks to the Customs dill-holes. You may already know this, but you can actually track that older TRSI package. Just go into Order Status under Your Account, View Order the package in question and scroll down. You should see the tracking number there.
Yeah, I know. But ever since the package left the United States, there haven't been any new updates. I'm just glad they switched to FedEx. Don't have to deal with Canada Post anymore.
UchihaProject

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, my order from FedEx just came in an hour ago.

This new system is MUCH better than the old one.
UchihaProject

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
So I just got my earlier order from Canada Post, the guy forget to charge me the custom fee, lol
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
That's the only disadvantage of the new system: no more accidental freebies.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I definitely like the use of FedEx better. I got one of my orders, using the new method, within 3 days (which is kinda of interesting because I am still waiting for an order to come in that shipped last month on the 15th =/ ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
UchihaProject

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I definitely like the use of FedEx better. I got one of my orders, using the new method, within 3 days (which is kinda of interesting because I am still waiting for an order to come in that shipped last month on the 15th =/ ).
Yeah, apparently customs can hold it for a while, which gets pretty annoying. I wish there was a way to track your package once it's in Canada Post's possession. For some reason you can't track the package once it's crossed the border, at least that's how it was for me with Canada Post.

@Blood - I agree with that, but I think everyone would rather pay customs and just get their packages within a week, lol.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quote
@Uchiha Project - I've always been able to track TRSI packages even once they reach Canada. My tracking always told me when the package entered customs and then would note when a delivery attempt was made.

Last edited by Blood- on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
I read about this in last weeks Robert's corner newsletter. He was talking about that to as well. I buy from Right stuff all the time and still will since its my only source for english subbed anime.

Unfortauntly, I have no sympathy. Im in Taiwan and anyone thats international that buys from rightstuff knows that we pay more on shippping fees than Canada and the US. I buy like 4-5 things and its already like 20-30$ right there. At least now, Canada has buy 250$ or more and get shipping for free (Really, be glad you have that option). Internationals dont get anything and we pay more for shipping. And get that membership card no matter what anyways. It wont make the shiopping charges any better, but I guess it balances itself out.

I suggest making a big grocery list that goes over 250 so you dont have to pay shipping fees. I do that and it can take a couple of months, but it can save money if you are patient. I mean, the US license and release anime so slowly (faster now, but still slow) that time isn't really an issue.

Everyone's getting fucked on postage these days. Im scared to death on buying anything online because everything has a 20+$ shipping and handling charge. Either the shipping companieas are ripping us off or something happened in the states recently that has driven prices up, but I think everyone is feeling the heat.

Not really complaining, but just saying, welcome to my world. Or anyone that buys from Rightstuff that isn't in the states or in Canada.

Last edited by Starsplash Taiwan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
@Starsplash Taiwan - You are kind of 6 months late to the party. Most of us have long gotten over the change and moved on.

And I'm sorry but we had every right to be upset at the time because Rightstuf gave absolutely no warning when they made the change. Would you appreciate it if your go-to place for Anime pulled a similar thing to you with zero warning? Probably not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
@Starsplash Taiwan - You are kind of 6 months late to the party. Most of us have long gotten over the change and moved on.

And I'm sorry but we had every right to be upset at the time because Rightstuf gave absolutely no warning when they made the change. Would you appreciate it if your go-to place for Anime pulled a similar thing to you with zero warning? Probably not.

True and yes, I would be upset and rightly so. I wont argue with you on that point. Im just glad Im not in that position.

However, no matter how you spin it, you guys are still in a better situation than I am. Not trying to deflect the hypothetical situation to make it sound prettier, but I usually always have a grocery list of 250$ in 1-3 months for the last 2 years. The combination of the shipping charges, being more patient, and how slow the US release new animes makes that possible.

If I could have that option getting free shipping past 250$ to Taiwan, I could of saved a ton of money. Just make a list and when you get to 250$, be like Kramer from Mad money: BUY BUY BUY!!!

Really, be glad you have that option. I understand why internationals dont have that option, but I wish we did.
Timesplitter 01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Just to give you another international view point.

I spent around about US$500, might have been more if I have I have missed something, on shipping last year alone Shocked
fireaxe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 am Reply with quote
@Starsplash Taiwan
Those are all valid points, but you seem to forget why we're getting this "special treatment". Getting to the US border is barely a 2 hours drive from my house, and some of us live even closer than that. I obviously don't know the specifics, but it's clear ground shipping is much, much cheaper than shipping oversea by plane. I think we all got over the change by now, but as Rukiia says, I think at the time we had all the rights to be a bit irritated.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
^This.

If I want to import stuff from Japan from sites like AmiAmi then I don't get to have free shipping because I am overseas. Sorry but that is just how it is when you are an overseas country.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
http://youtu.be/Tm7jkiyxUgg

Right Stuf Canadian Shipping Feedback Wanted!
Quote:
Published on Apr 2, 2013

CEO of Right Stuf, Shawne Kleckner, wants to hear your opinions from our Canadian customers on our recent shipping changes to Canada! Simply create a video response to this video by uploading a video, replying, and choosing "Create a Video Response" below. We welcome text comments too - but really look forward to seeing first-hand how our new shipping method is meeting your anime needs. Feel free to show us your packaging in the video too!

We will review your video (please keep it PG!) and get them approved as quickly as we can. We can't wait to hear from you!

(Select videos may be featured on RightStuf.com!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10