• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America 2013 Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Huh, that's a first, I think. I can't recall ever seeing an OOP NISA premium edition make a comeback. I wonder if the Dark Lord found a misplaced box of 'em or sumpin'?

They did recently find a stash of 'lost' nondescript boxes containing goodness knows what, but I got the impression they'd been lost for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Anime_Otaku35

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
@Shiroi Hane

Those were actually filled with Tokyopop manga. They started listing them last week.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
via NIS America Online Store (YURUYURI Season 1 Blu-ray Premium Bonus Set)
Quote:
Exclusive Bonus Item (while supplies last!)
- Girls' Love Reflections Button Mirror
Click here to view bonus item

WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
via NIS America Online Store (BRAVE 10 Complete Series Blu-ray Premium Bonus Set)

Exclusive Bonus Item (while supplies last!)
- Warrior Fan
Click here to view bonus item

potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
here is the back of nichibros

Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Well I had a coupon for NIS's store so I decided to use it on The Princess and the Pilot. However what I got was some kind of factory mess up where the box was packaged and sealed without the movie inside so all I got was the artbook and a Styrofoam spacer. Mad

How is their customer service by the way? I'm hoping they'll just send me the thinpack case with the movie rather than me having to return it.

Last edited by Kruszer on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Damn good-I received a set where one of the corners of the artbox was crushed so they sent me a new one along with another artbook.

Last edited by zrdb on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
They usually reply to emails pretty quick but I've had some trouble trying to get them to respond to mine all this week. I used a gift certificate code on an order for Daily Lives of High School Boys and they didn't apply it when they charged me.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I tried contacting them about the issue, but it's been a week and all I got was the auto-response and no follow up, so I tried again today. Hopefully it works, I'm getting kinda pissed.
GDFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
The one and only order I made with them arrived damaged, or at least one of the two items in that order did. Their customer service seemed fairly responsive, although somewhat different than what I'm accustomed to. They had me take pictures of the damage and send them in to them. Only then did they replace the damaged artbox. I suppose that was better than having to go through the typical return/exchange process.

I'm fairly certain I'm never going to order anything directly through them again. They don't seem to understand how to package items to prevent damage during shipping. But, like I said, their customer service was more than adequate. I'm really surprised you haven't received a reply yet.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:25 am Reply with quote
I emailed them last week after I noticed that Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl's artbook was missing a couple of pages. They haven't gotten back to me about that so far, not even an auto-response. Really wondering if they'll even do anything about it to begin with to be honest.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
@ Judge Of Toyama, Kruszer, and Ortensia1980:

I checked with NISA and thought to relay the message here. They are really backed up with 4 pre-order titles from their online store. They are working to get to respective customer emails (if you haven't receive the responses already). So they are definitely aware of the situation and apologizes for the late responses.
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
The one and only order I made with them arrived damaged, or at least one of the two items in that order did. Their customer service seemed fairly responsive, although somewhat different than what I'm accustomed to. They had me take pictures of the damage and send them in to them. Only then did they replace the damaged artbox. I suppose that was better than having to go through the typical return/exchange process.

I'm fairly certain I'm never going to order anything directly through them again. They don't seem to understand how to package items to prevent damage during shipping. But, like I said, their customer service was more than adequate. I'm really surprised you haven't received a reply yet.

That's funny because they didn't make me take pictures of the crunched corner of the damaged artbox I had received-they didn't even want the damaged one back.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
Well, it looks like the replacement is on it's way to me now, finally.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
Just got an email this morning that a replacement is on the way for me as well. The woman from customer service that I was emailing back and forth with was very understanding and absolutely lovely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11