• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister V

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
It's started taking itself a little too seriously for its own good. And the plot they're using isn't exactly new, either. Yuu's also kind of overly emotive (I know, that's the point, but you'd think she'd be more resistant to baiting by some guy from the underworld).
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Mister V,

More resistant? Punk Boy is basically telling her that he'll torture them and her unless he gets what he wants, and he demonstrated it by not only causing her emotions to summon one of those giant thingies (I can't remember the name for them), but afterwards frying Ayumu (knowing he'd survive it), but with the unspoken threat that he could've done that to *any* of her friends, most of whom would *not* be able to survive it.

He was cruelly driving his point home while all the time acting all pleasant and conversational. I'll be glad when he gets what's coming to him, because the guy is a real scumbag.
Mister V

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, yeah, but first of all making a show of force by making a ferris wheel drop on a group of people is just funny, not threatening (especially since she should have been thinking of a way to use her own powers). And he's frankly not too stylish for a villain. Sorry, it doesn't work on me.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Mister V wrote:
Well, yeah, but first of all making a show of force by making a ferris wheel drop on a group of people is just funny, not threatening (especially since she should have been thinking of a way to use her own powers). And he's frankly not too stylish for a villain. Sorry, it doesn't work on me.

The problem there is that Yuu is deathly afraid of using her own powers, because doing so created him. She doesn't use her power because she doesn't really understand how to control it. I suspect it will take a Power of Friendship/Love moment to rectify this.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Back to my weekly dose of Zombie.

I got my dose of randomness, WTF, and l0ls from this episode.

The main villain, he's cool, I like his character. Though... Why do I get the feeling that he's a spoiler[future version of Ayumu...]

The mix of drama and comedy is awesome. I can't get enough of it.

Especially the scene where spoiler[Yuu leaves and then it switches to the bomb scene.] Great show.

Oh, one more thang, Ayumu's spoiler[explosion scene.] He really took one for the team.
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Oh, one more thang, Ayumu's spoiler[explosion scene.] He really took one for the team.

Well, he is a zombie so he's probably the only one with half a chance of spoiler[surviving that explosion]

Best line of the series thus far: "I'll glue you back together." xD
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I missed this show during the hiatus, too. Best line for me was Sera's reaction to finding out she had bathed in the same water as Zombie Boy. One thing I didn't like about the eppie was the repetition from last time. We've already had Yuu spoiler[decide to leave the group, so what exactly is the point of having her come back just to do the exact same thing again?] Kinda pointless, if you ask me.
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I think what it was is that she spoiler[regret the decision and was planning to return, but watching Sera go down like that made her decide it would be better to fix the problem instead of watching her friends die.] At least, that's what I got out of that scene.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
So happy to see it back, though bit upsetting for it spoiler[to be another episode of thinking have Yuu back and then failing.] I don't think I would be alone in saying that the chemestry feels spoiler[different without Yuu] surprising how it changes the feel for spoiler[someone who does not speak.]

We had some change of season, kind of feel fresh, but it really felt dry, though we have the usual "piece of trash" talking, the hippopotamus was a good touch, and Haruna did a fairly good job at makeing it feel lighter. I found myself really looking forward to Maelstrom's (what ever name I should use) appearances, not quite sure why but she was lighting the show up for me. And who was that other "conservative ninja" was she semi introduced or what?

Well it looks like the story with the big bad is that he might just spoiler[want to die, so it might be that he wants to become mortal or something. Still couldn't Yuu just do it with her voice, and wouldn't lots of people be willing to help the guy die?]
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
The main villain, he's cool, I like his character. Though... Why do I get the feeling that he's a spoiler[future version of Ayumu...]

Hadn't considered that one. I actually prefer it this way.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:

Hadn't considered that one. I actually prefer it this way.

I actually think he's more of a spoiler[great, great, great, etc grandfather of Ayumu] since he's made it pretty obvious that he's been around for a long time. Throwing in spoiler[time traveling] would just seem dumb since they are already have a basis with immortals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 am Reply with quote
Dumb? We're talking about an anime with a magical girl male zombie, in an anime where zombies are stronger than vampires. Vampires who happen to be ninjas.
No, I don't think any addition could be dumb.
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quote
Aye, spoiler[time travel] wouldn't be *that* bad a stretch. Maybe he spoiler[became too cute while fighting a Megalo in the future and opened a time portal that threw him into the past] or something silly like that. He was warned about drawing in too much power, after all; maybe that's an unintended after-effect? xD
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quote
That "don't become any cuter" has to be one of the best jokes I've heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for the main story as well. So, agreed.
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote
With the way they're parodying things, I wouldn't be very surprised to get an 'Over 9000' reference xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12