• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

I knew Illya would get to that naive choice to save both, but because she's the hero, she'll make it happen. I kind of respected Kuro's choice more though. Love is ultimately selfish. She realizes that she may not be "right", but between a person she cares about and an unknown world, it's just a matter of choosing what she cares about more. Think about consequences later.

Angelica seemed to imply that Kuro (possible spoiler for those unfamiliar with Fate/stay night? I don't read the manga.) spoiler[may be able to use UBW. Unless she just means weapon projection stuff. But Kuro using UBW would be super cool, and I would explode from excitement.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Illya's assassin form is awesome, I like it. Good to see Kuro fighting again as well.

So an episode with some info dump but the real hard part was Illya's decision about saving the world or Illya. Angelica's talents continuously impresses me even though I'm not a fan of her character; compared to Gil anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Holy shit. Other world Emiya Shirou has joined the battle. That. Is. Awesome. I still think that Illya using Archer card for the first time against Saber in the first season was the series' best moment but that might change. Really looking forward to next week.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
It was cool, yeah, but I also expected it ever since the first implications that Miyu's brother was this world's Shirou.

Looking forward to a great fight next week, though I definitely agree that the Saber/Illya fight is going to be awfully hard to top.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Solid episode, especially with Illya standing up against Ainsworth and furthermore, she reunites with Miyu again. That was a very special moment between them. Took 10 episodes but finally. About time.

The Julian revelation is also quite a moment as well.

Not sure how I feel about Erika at this point. I do feel sorry for her somewhat but her mentality isn't that stable either so...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Well that was pretty intense. Shirou had a weak showing. I was getting really excited when he started doing the chant, but apparently he wasn't capable of doing it in his condition. I love it that the chant was again in Japanese. I guess after the movie they decided that the VA just wasn't cut out to pronounce English Laughing . Tanaka still hasn't joined the fight so she should appear next week? Only 1 episode left, there's so much stuff going on right now that there's no way they are going resolve all of this in 1 episode, right? Cliffhanger?

P.S. That Emiya Theme version was lame.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Well that was pretty intense. Shirou had a weak showing.
P.S. That Emiya Theme version was lame.

Shirou was known as a jobber for a while there in the Kaleid discussions because of this. He did manage to defeat Not-Gilgamesh by way of being two of him, sort of.

And yeah, that Emiya version was baaaad. Specially so when Kaleid's first season Emiya Theme was so good.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

And it's over. Well... Tanaka throwing that sword to Illya and Bazett suddenly pulling a gemstone out of her rear both felt a bit like asspulls, but to be honest neither really bothered me. Illya had to win somehow and Tanaka's secret powers had been foreshadowed throughout this show. And Shirou dying there would have sucked, and Rin saving Shirou with that gem is fitting, I guess. We had some funny shenanigans after the battle which served as a good breather after all the intense action.

It was a good season of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya. Better than the last two seasons. Compared to the first season, I'm not sure which one is better. It didn't reach the kind of high point as the first season, but this one was more intense throughout, in a good way. So I'm giving it the same rating as the first season: good, almost very good.

Looking forward to the upcoming movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10