• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Selector Infected + Spread Wixoss (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:56 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
The crew members seemed very driven to discard Akira's presence after her anti-wish took effect, though the power of the wishes are not very concrete concepts even in universe.

No, the crew were unhappy with her before her 3rd loss because of her poor work ethic. It's one of the main themes of the show: instead of relying on some magic card game to get what you want, the girls could have easily granted their own wishes with a little effort. Akira shot herself in the foot because she was off having battles when she should have been working.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:16 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

Thank god, I was afraid for a moment that Ulith was not pure evil. It seems Ulith is doing things to help grant the strong player thing, but clearly Ulith is taking quite a lot of pleasure from feeding Akira's hate and wrapping her around her finger. It was obvious before that Ulith was not a good person, and seeing here how she can manipulate and likely tear people apart by acting nice, I kind of like it.

This is going well.
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Loving the second season so far and really eager to discover more about the characters and LRIGs.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I just want to give spoiler[Tama a hug after seeing what she has been through. I'm still not sure how I feel about Chiyori in this show. I mean, she is hard to take seriously but I think she does have her reasons to fight.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Ep3 S2, spoiler[You know its coming, the episode pretty much spelled it out that it was coming, but seeing Tama in Ulith's control was still an incredible moment.]
Oh Chiyori, you are still in over your head even if you "know" what is coming.
junmaedaisjesus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 Episode 3:

Another great episode. It's kind of crazy how every episode is a cliffhanger.

Anyone else notice what appears to be spoiler[Ulith (LRIG form) in that brief flashback Tama had of her and Mayu]?

I've always sort of speculated that spoiler[the LRIGs with those red drop earrings are somehow connected].

I'm really interested in seeing how this all plays out. For a series that has been written off by a lot of people as a Madoka Magica rip, spoiler[this last episode, along with others, seems to be trying to pull Ruko from pulling a Madoka, which makes me really eager for the potential of a new solution as to how to save the world without sacrificing your life.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

I was sure from last episode, I don't know why I did not put it into my post last week, but it was spoiler[very foreseeable that Tama would be with Ulith]. Man, Ulith is bad news. She is making Akira spoiler[lose it by pretty much telling her to be crazy, that she will get love from being a nut job].

Also it seems we actually got some hints of the greater story. The girl spoiler[in the room (Mayu) seems to act just like a girl suffering from being a hikikimori]. Maybe a little anticlimactic, but I wonder if everything happening is from spoiler[one girl that wants to "stay in her room]". Tama seems to be a major part, like she was the spoiler[only friend of Mayu or a pet cat that Mayu has trapped in that little world]. Or crazier theory, Tama is spoiler[like an aspect of a friend, Mayu had her made to be the friend she wants]. There were hints that spoiler[Ruko has some trauma herself that makes having friends hard for her], maybe Ruko spoiler[is the old friend of Mayu, something happened and as the blank slate Tama was filled by interacting with Ruko it became the friend Mayu wanted]. If that theory is correct, it might be that Ruko will have to become an Lrig and talk sense to Mayu that hiding is not the right thing to do. Wait a minute, did I just repeat a plot point of spoiler[Black Rock Shooter]? The tone is already very similar.

Also the dubstep at the end was quite awesome, I really like it used to set a dark tone.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that most of the characters has their own spoiler[motives now in this season as to why their fighting. Chiyori was amusing to watch although I still can't read what she is thinking. Nonetheless, I thought the fight in the latest episode was entertaining.]

I just want to give Tama another hug still...

Same with Ruuko.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

Tama spoiler[not enjoy battle]. Tama spoiler[miss Ru].

I think Chiyori has indeed moved to my favourite character because she totally clashes with the tone.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 5:

Really hoping that spoiler[Chiyori gets more characterization soon. Well at any rate, that Fumio girl is quite interesting and she wants to become a novelist? The battle in the latest episode was decent as well against Ruko. And from that battle, a level 5 is born. Also, it looks like Ruko gained confidence in fighting again.]

I'm kinda curious to see what other role Iona will play later on though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

Just guessing, I don't think spoiler[Iona is the original Girl of Black, perhaps it was Ulith that passed it onto her, Ulith is pretty evil]. Perhaps Tama and spoiler[Ulith were two sides of Mayu. Although it stands I could see Iona's want for battle being something]. Apparently there might be something to the spoiler[earrings, Tama had some on her left ear, while Iona has them on he right, although Ulith also had them so there is something passed down].

Also I had the feeling that maybe spoiler[Fumio turned into an Lrig might have appeared before, perhaps she was Midoriko, which would add something to her interactions with Hitoe] earlier. The voice actresses don't match, spoiler[Fumio's has done a few background characters in the show]. But I think it was that spoiler[Midoriko wanted Hitoe to fulfil her wish through her own means, and she shares the boyish look with short hair, although it has gone from her original covering one eye to standing up as Midoriko]. Since we did not get a full name, I would not be surprised if we found out spoiler[her name was Fumio Midoriko].
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
Midoriko's name wass probably following a similar conventions as Tama's name in that the Selector (in this case Hitoe) named the Lrig in place of the Lrig claiming there own name at the beginning of the selector/Lrig encounter.
Midoriko roughly translated means "green girl", this follows the nature that she was a Green deck Lrig, spoiler[however Midoriko being the original Fumio would not be so outlandish for the series.]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
I thought of something wicked, what if say in this world Wixoss is a slightly "older" card game, say as old as the Pokémon trading card game (so a little over a decade) so in theory say what if some of the Lrigs have been body surfing for years and have slowly but surely lost concept of who they originally were, this can explain why some of them become so dead set on "fulfilling the wish" of there selector as they themselves have truly lost there identity or simply don't care about there original identity as would be the case with some of the more darker back storied Selectors.

I doubt this series will go THAT deep into establishing some sort of grandiose lore, but that might be an intriguing route.

spoiler[Mind you I did find it strange that Ruko had a Backstory that her personality had somewhat "changed" from years ago, and said personality seemed to be reflective of a child that would act more like Tama at that age.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Selector Spread episode 6:

So Fumio's wish is to spoiler[live as a novelist] huh? Overall a good buildup episode but wow, Akira just never gives up..

I hope she gets beat pretty badly next time. spoiler[Ulith and her plan is in motion now though and it doesn't look pretty so far. I just hope Ruko knows what she's doing because there are a lot of risks this time].
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Ep6, there is something so captivating in a narrative about young girls being outright spoiler[EVIL, Akira is pretty much a Yakuza thug and Ulith is a thug boss, it doesn't matter what there "real motivation" is, they are just despicable in the CORRECT way.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12