• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ben-to (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Google search says "Iku yo! Ralph Store" by Saaya Mizuno. Don't ask for free downloads, though, as those tend to be illegal.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure when this popped up, but it's interesting

http://www.funimation.com/shows/ben-to
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I just started watching this because of the banner ad on ann (marketing division take note) and just finished episode 4. Only the first two episodes are dubbed on the Funi streaming site and they are quite good but regardless of that I am enjoying it quite a lot.

I can just imagine how this premise got created. There is something that happens to people in a shopping scene when a coveted special starts to be a routine thing. We have read about the atrocities on Black Friday and so on, but my own experience is at Costco when they start handing out free samples. They way they act I could swear that none of the people in the vicinity had seen food in weeks. If you try to reach for one you risk getting elbowed in the ribs.

So this anime is more true-to-life than it would seem -- close enough to be a great satire.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Ben-To was one of my favorite series of 2011. Unless 2015 turns out to be a banner year for new anime, it will be a strong contender to make my Top 5 list for titles available in the U.S. in 2015. Very much looking forward to the physical release (finally!) coming out in three weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Very much looking forward to the physical release (finally!) coming out in three weeks.

... Three weeks? *Looks at boxset in hands* And I didn't even order from Rightstuf!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10