• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Skip Beat! GN 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I'm definitely curious now of how Skip Beat! has progressed to be compared more to Glass Mask than it likely was previously, considering how the story had started out. With Glass Mask being my favorite anime and second favorite manga, I'm a lot more interested in wanting to read this series just to see how the two compare.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Hmm...I'm definitely curious now of how Skip Beat! has progressed to be compared more to Glass Mask than it likely was previously,

First, I love both Glass Mask and Skip Beat. I understand why that comment was made. spoiler[Certainly Skip Beat is now more about the art of acting than about the original revenge story]. But it is also slightly misleading. Skip Beat focuses on a different side of acting than Glass Mask did. In fact it has a very unique take on acting spoiler[having to do with performance in real life]. This latest volume is a perfect example of that. A very interesting work.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
I like very much that cover Very Happy
liannesentar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
A beautifully written review that aptly captures why Skip Beat is HELLA AWESOME. Thank you!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2