• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hiiro no Kakera (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just started being more fun to make up names for her. Toyota Princess, Tomahawk Princess...

How about Topless Princess. Now THAT would make the show more interesting.

As for the "reverse harem" going on here... it's more like Snow White and her pathetic, useless, unusually tall and handsome dwarves. I would actually love to see some romance from this harem show. But I haven a feeling that's certainly not going to happen considering only one has even taken an interest in the milk jugs on the teacher and that happened so long ago that it feels like it was in another universe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I kinda want to see the Mountain God play a little slap & tickle with the Takoyaki Princess, iffen you catch my drift.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I kinda want to see the Mountain God play a little slap & tickle with the Takoyaki Princess, iffen you catch my drift.

Sorry but that made me laugh.
Hey google even gave me a picture of the Takoyaki Princess.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quote
She's the spitting image!
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
OMG Laughing ROFL

I almost spit water out of my nose!!! You guys are a trip!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 10
In this episode... the villains' leader continues punishing her underlings for misbehaving. She attributes their antsy nature to the artifacts. She's gravely mistaken. They are acting on their own because she's completely stalled what little plot this show had and has done so for no apparent reason. The Takoyaki Princess and her Merry Men continue dawdling. They're now divided into three groups: research, shrine patrol, and Takoyaki Protection Duty. Weren't these their roles from the get-go? Didn't they already try dividing themselves into groups. The Takoyaki Princess seems completely uninterested in what Government Man had to say last episode. Actually, it's like he never mentioned that spoiler[he knew how she can become a full fledged Takoyaki Princess].

I have a hard time feeling anything about any of these characters or the story. Please, someone, just make it end.

Even seeing all of the guys shirtless (finally) wasn't that interesting. But watching the Hand Maid close the door on them was, by far, the best part of this whole show - aside from the intro which has beautiful animation and music.

Still painfully boring. You'd think that it would be substantially more interesting now that we're only a few episodes away from the ending. Anime cry
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote
Laughing

I picked up on that, too, B-B:

Government Man: "Yeah, so basically I know how you can become the Toonami Princess (you know, the answer to the question you've been feverishly trying to research without any success) thus powering up your friends and saving world."

Our heroes: *complete indifference*

That's story-telling, folks!
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Lolz - Toonami Princess~! In her dreams, maybe. Razz

I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they made this freaking show. And, in the comments on Crunchyroll, there are a ton of screaming fan girls saying it's the best show EVAR!!!! I read one comment that said something to the extent of the following:
"I haven't watched anything since InuYasha and this is the best show since then!"

ugh.

Shoot me now.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
When you'd rather go and do the dishes instead of watch this, you know something's up. Yet still, I keep watching to see if something will happen. At least Hakuoki had a vaguely interesting plot and spoiler[actual blood and people dying and stuff]

Inuyasha wasn't that bad Razz I'd say this is much worse than it. That comment is pretty sad though...
saikano75

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who likes this anime and is excited about it?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
I think so. Not sure why I'm still watching, except that it requires zero thought, so it's kind of like listening to the radio in the background, except with pretty pictures.

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the most recent pretty boy they added, other than filling the broody bad boy niche the redhead has been trying to vacate. Actually, "still trying" suggests more effort than I'm expending.

The little 4th wall breakers at the end creep me out no end.

This should either have been 6 episodes or 5 minute episodes, since that's all the plot they work through each time, once they're done repeating obvious things and angsting over them.

And...the logo of the Tamiami princess seems to be a Bloomin' Onion. oO
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 am Reply with quote
saikano75 wrote:
Am I the only one who likes this anime and is excited about it?

Kinda seems that way. Wink Although, I gotta give the peeps behind this show credit; they manage to have kept a number of us who have big problems with it to keep watching. I don't know how they have managed to pull that trick off - subliminal messages???
dan7el

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
The comments on Crunchyroll are comments I mostly discount. Everyone loves every show. I think they're all zombies that make comments.

The show isn't overtly stupid, like, say, The Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives. Now, that show, I couldn't watch after a few episodes. It drove me away.

This one is just annoying in lots of little ways but we are all wondering...what is the Toonami Princess and will she ever become one and will she seriously kick butt when she does and also why is there a little girl leading a pack of rabid mages and what's up with the smallest harem-boy and why does he keep running off secretly and is he meeting with the evil people or just something else and why do I care about the white haired harem guy who never does anything but sleep oh I don't really care about him.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

So, we still have no clue what's going on with spoiler[ the villains ] but I really appreciate them clarifying that oni = demon in Japanese. Thanks. Rolling Eyes

Government man is back. But... spoiler[still no mention of how she can become the Tsundere Princess ] even though that was mentioned, what? Two episodes ago. Nice plot hole there.

Some more fan service, albeit very little.

And then spoiler[ Takuma was the demon ]. Oh really? Some plot twist you've got there. I love how spoiler[ he's had this evil lurking within him since he was a young child ] and is just now putting two and two together. Way to go. Way to go. Never thought to mention that to anyone? Really? That seems like something that would definitely be on the spoiler[ "Become A Guardian of the Takoyaki Princess" Job Application.] You know, something along the lines of:

spoiler[
1) Name:
2) Address:
3) Do you have special powers?
4) Do you sense evil lurking inside of you? If so, please discontinue this application process.
]

This show. When do I get to see all the cool stuff in the intro? Or more half naked dudes/chicks? For real!

Isn't about time for someone to do... I dunno... something?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Bento-Box wrote:
Never thought to mention that to anyone?

It sounded like he did. "I was told it would get stronger."

But what's more important is that no one seemed to notice that spoiler[all the crucial stuff was redacted!] Who did that? Do they care who did it, or even that it was done? Hell, no, not when there's some angstin' to be done!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6