• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Canadian Arrested in Japan for Pirating Gundam Seed DVDs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyuu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone happen to have more exact details on the Gundam Seed bootlegs on the market. I've come across some which count as suspicious, but a bit of certainty definately wouldn't hurt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote
kyuu wrote:
Does anyone happen to have more exact details on the Gundam Seed bootlegs on the market. I've come across some which count as suspicious, but a bit of certainty definately wouldn't hurt.

The only legal Gundam SEED DVDs I know about are either R2/Japan, or R1 USA/Canada. Could you post any stats of the DVDs you came across?

If you want to do a quick comparisson beforehand, also try reading the two FAQ links in this thread. Smile
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:25 am Reply with quote
You should be able to tell just by way of the packaging. The way I understand it, most printing companies, especially here in the United States won't create duplicate copies of packaging for copyrighted material.

One such company that doesn't do this is Kinko's, it's a standard practice in the United States. I would look on the back of the DVD packaing of your copy and then compare it to a legal version of the DVD. There should be differences ion the packaging.

If you're not sure I would contact the distribution company who releases those DVD's. I believe Bandai Entertainment releases that anime series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2