• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo's Chuo Train Line Made into Moe Boy Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
"You boys are very useful stations, I'm very proud of you." said the jolly moe fat bloke with the bald head.

It would have been a better idea if they anthropomorphized the trains instead. Wait?......

There is no way you can put it where this doesn't seem wrong in some way.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
"You boys are very useful stations, I'm very proud of you." said the jolly moe fat bloke with the bald head.

It would have been a better idea if they anthropomorphized the trains instead. Wait?......

On a related note, is Ringo Starr doing anything these days?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Why am thinking up London Underground versions?

* The harassed and stressed Malcolm Kings-Cross (Patrick Stewart)
* The somewhat yaoi Colin West-Hampstead (Hugh Grant)
* Loveable rouge Dennis Peckham-Rye (David Jason)
* Tennis obsessed sweet tooth Tim Wimbledon (Colin Firth)
* And of course, the ultra elusive, mysterious, and difficult to understand and fan favourite... Clive Mornington-Crescent! (Stephen Fry)
i cast fira

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
As much as I want to hate this, I just can't.

Contrary to the majority vote here, I really want to look more into this Embarassed
poonk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
i cast fira wrote:
Contrary to the majority vote here, I really want to look more into this Embarassed
I'm a bit curious myself, but probably not enough to actively seek scanations or anything. Though I have to say, while the character designs are attractive, I'm not sure "moe" is quite the right word (unless I've really misunderstood its connotations). When I clicked on the link I was expecting more child-like boys, or even borderline chibi-ish characters. Those are bishounen to my eye (though I'm not complaining, mind you).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
i cast fira wrote:
I'm a bit curious myself, but probably not enough to actively seek scanations or anything. Though I have to say, while the character designs are attractive, I'm not sure "moe" is quite the right word (unless I've really misunderstood its connotations). When I clicked on the link I was expecting more child-like boys, or even borderline chibi-ish characters. Those are bishounen to my eye (though I'm not complaining, mind you).
It's just the word's evolution into something all inclusive of anything remotely bishi-kawaii, whether ecchi, hentai, ero-gro, or no. Sort of like "otaku".
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
Why am thinking up London Underground versions?

The cast you've listed are clearly too expensive for the Tube to afford. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Well yeah Razz but a girl can dream Wink
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
Emichan wrote:
Ooh, Shinjuku! I approve of this Smile Heh, if the stations were turned into moe girls in color-coordinated maid outfits or military uniforms with panties, no skirts, this topic would have 3 pages of replies Anime hyper

Exactly.

I've been happy DMP's bringing us Train Train which I've been wanting since they published the Train Train/Princess Princess crossover.

These boys look similar to the pretties in Train Train. Why not pretty boys & trains?

It's not like we haven't seen pretty boys (or girls) as living versions of objects in other stories like Ceres
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2