• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiki, Only Yesterday BDs English-Subbed in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quote
Oh shoot sorry I read this incorrectly. I think in my brain it went from "no dub" to "no sub" lol. That or its 6 AM with no sleep. My bad haha.

EDIT: Are you guys going to get it? It's the only Studio Ghibli film I haven't seen.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
I don't like Ghibli movies, so they're a pass for me. Even if I was a fan I'd still be hesitant, though. I got the 5cm/s and Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo BDs when they came out last year, but that's just two movies. How many Ghibli movies are there? Yea, too many to drop ~$70 per on.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
I'm going to wait and see if there will be an R1 BD release (which I highly, highly doubt). If, at a certain point, I become more convinced NA won't get one, and if it is still available, I'll pick it up.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 am Reply with quote
If you include Nausicaa in the count, there are 19 films. 11 are currently available to buy on BD, so they have released about 60% of the total works.

These ones almost never sell out so take your time to find the best deal. I think I've averaged around $70 per film out the door (I missed out on the Poppy Hill limited edition because my order wouldn't split off in time...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2