• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Apocalypse Meow Manga to Get CG Anime Series from Anima

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squall_416

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
At the risk of getting all gun otaku on this (though most of Motofumi Kobayashi's work is basically low on character development and thick with holster sniffer wet dreams)...

dormcat wrote:

Shouldn't Bota use a designated marksman rifle (DMR) version instead?

It's hard to war game exactly what someone could carry since there are more than 31 flavors to choose from Anime smile. At engagements out to 500 yards most guys are running some kind of AR system with 77 grain 5.56 or 7.62. Those are lighter and more reliable than a M14 based system, hence why the M14's were phased out.

dormcat wrote:

EDIT: Wait, I think his rifle should be M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle. That would make much more sense than EBR. So is the rifle in the first link; there's no front vertical grip like EBR, and the barrel is much longer.

Vertical grip doesn't really effect the barrel length. Bi-pods tend to fold forward so that wouldn't obstruct that either, though a vertical grip on a precision system is a bit unusual.

dormcat wrote:

With that rifle (issued in 2008!) I'd say the timeline is completely disrupted; they simply took those rabbits from Vietnam to post–9/11 Afghanistan with a time machine.

As a fan of both, I don't have a problem with that at all. The characters are really fun and that animation looks killer. I'll be on the Japanese blu-rays of this as soon as they hit the street Anime smile

On a side note: I would love to get the cardboard stand in all these images LOL

j
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
squall_416 wrote:
(...) though a vertical grip on a precision system is a bit unusual.

Well that's what I meant. With Pincatinny rails a vertical grip can be attached or removed in a few seconds, and different lengths of barrels and handguard can be switched if necessary, but it's next to impossible to modify one's primary weapon (followed by necessary re-zero) in enemy's territory. IMO M39 EMR is still the most fitting and reasonable model to the one Bota's shooting with.

squall_416 wrote:
As a fan of both, I don't have a problem with that at all. The characters are really fun and that animation looks killer. I'll be on the Japanese blu-rays of this as soon as they hit the street Anime smile

The animation looks great, but I really don't like that "private military company" premise. Sounds very much like spoiler[H2O in the color of this spoiler tag] and I'd hate Perky and his buddies hired by those bastards.

By the way, judging from your screen ID, could you be an user of this baby?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
squall_416

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I've never checked out what's in your spoiler tag, then again I'm not sure what it means either. I've worked with some folks from BW and it's like any other job. There are great guys and there are not so great guys. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

dormcat wrote:
By the way, judging from your screen ID, could you be an user of this baby?

Hehe Sad thing is I am not a big fan of those. They're too heavy and the rail is too far off the bore line compared to a traditional M4.

I'm running one of these : http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-145pv-556&cat=52&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Not to totally digress from the thread, check out these plushes:

http://pooyantoys.com/catshit3.htm

j
squall_416

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
sburstall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quote
I take the series ended with just 1 ONA? I thought it started off good and I was ready for the rest.

Any idea why the series didn't follow through?
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
sburstall wrote:
I take the series ended with just 1 ONA? I thought it started off good and I was ready for the rest.

Any idea why the series didn't follow through?

Pretty sure there's two episodes.

And, because it's a very minor, obscure series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2