• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Metal Circus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
I officially stopped caring for Tekken after I played Virtua Fighter and wondered what I had been doing all those years. As for PSP SoulCalibur, I dunno.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I like the guy with the guns on the Cross Edge cover. He really wants to be as cool as Reiji Arisu from Namco x Capcom/Endless Frontier, he really does! Poor guy.

I wonder why they didn't just use Reiji and Xiaomu for Cross Edge. Would've made more sense too, since they appear in other crossover games and it's kinda their job.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quote
I am seriously interested in Resonance of Fate.
edzieba

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote
Raikuro

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quote
Isn't that Jake Hunter Detective Story re-do/"sequel" supposed to be coming out that week too?
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
I like the guy with the guns on the Cross Edge cover. He really wants to be as cool as Reiji Arisu from Namco x Capcom/Endless Frontier, he really does! Poor guy.

I wonder why they didn't just use Reiji and Xiaomu for Cross Edge. Would've made more sense too, since they appear in other crossover games and it's kinda their job.

I wish that NamcoXCapcom could be out in the states.
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad you listened to me, homes.
Sirgil Grey

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Cross Edge is top of my list. I've lost all interest in anything by Tri-Ace after Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4, so Resonance or whatever they're calling it now isn't even a consideration for me.

More great news this week is that there's going to be a localised version of Demon's Soul too! I know the Asian version has english options, but now I don't need to worry about the extra cost of importing it. Yay!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
It makes an old gamer like myself very happy to see a classic rpg game re-made despite the fact I don't have a PSP and Working Designs closed years ago. I loved playing Lunar, it truly was a feel good and enjoyable rpg.

I would have never would have guessed Lunar would be making a re-make considering the orginal company went chapter seven. I just wish this was availible on the Playstation two or Nintendo Dual Screen. But the fact a classic rpg game has been re-made in this era is victory in itself. There might be even a chance to see Lunar two re-made if Lunar the remasted version sells well.

Now if only Nintendo would license Mother Three(Earthbound two) or at the very least, remaster Super Mario RPG from the Super Nintendo.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote
When I finish Fighbird I think I'll write a Wiki article just because it was brought up.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
How many times do Game Arts need to remake the original Lunar? I'm not all that excited either about their intention to expand the storyline in this version, considering that the changes in the plot of the GBA version were horrendous -Nash a candidate for dragon master at the start?

The news about the sequel to FFIV, besides other retro games you could buy at the Wii shop finally motivated me to start saving up for a Wii. I never cared for Cecil and Rosa, but I do hope that Edge and Rydia (my favorite FF couple) will finally get together.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
So 'Capcom' is finally considering releasing the beast here? Well, if they give the Wii a release they still have get a PS3 and X360 release eventually.

As for 'Lunar'. I'm down for the new release. So far I've played the series on all platforms. From the 'Sega CD' to the PS1. Including the import versions (PS1 only). And even the watered downed GBA version. So I'm ready to go at it again. The graphics look nice so far. But I wonder what more needs to be said about the series that hasn't been revamped from the Sega CD to the PS1/SS days. And while the first and second were the best of the series, fans were wondering when a 3rd would happen. Well, I hope this will revive the franchise.

I should give the SRT games a spin. Seems they're doing more crossover games. I'm curious about 'Endless Frontier'.
It sucks that 'FFIV: The After Years' isn't coming to a portable. But hey what can you do.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
So 'Capcom' is finally considering releasing the beast here? Well, if they give the Wii a release they still have get a PS3 and X360 release eventually.

As for 'Lunar'. I'm down for the new release. So far I've played the series on all platforms. From the 'Sega CD' to the PS1. Including the import versions (PS1 only). And even the watered downed GBA version. So I'm ready to go at it again. The graphics look nice so far. But I wonder what more needs to be said about the series that hasn't been revamped from the Sega CD to the PS1/SS days. And while the first and second were the best of the series, fans were wondering when a 3rd would happen. Well, I hope this will revive the franchise.

I should give the SRT games a spin. Seems they're doing more crossover games. I'm curious about 'Endless Frontier'.
It sucks that 'FFIV: The After Years' isn't coming to a portable. But hey what can you do.

Hopefully a third Lunar is released. I've played Lunar, Lunar Two, the horriable GBA Lunar and even the DS Lunar. I actually still have my original Lunar map and Lunar two Pendent. I would love to see Lunar three on either the Nintendo DS or Playstation two.

If only I had a PSP(which I won't be buying just to play one game mind you), I would instantly buy this.

I completely agree with you on the Final Fantasy game as well. I wish I could play Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, but there really isn't anything we can do about this. Except hope that Square Enix licenses more Chocobo Dungeon games though.
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Is the title of this week's column an honest-to-goodness Hüsker Dü reference? If so, well played, sir! Well played!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:15 am Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
I never cared for Cecil and Rosa, but I do hope that Edge and Rydia (my favorite FF couple) will finally get together.
After all these years,I still hear people say this.There might be hope for that yet.

Raven Shinobi wrote:
I never cared for Cecil and Rosa
It's a predetermined couple as predictable as it should be.

If you want to get hardcore for a minute,If you have ever played through Final Fantasy 3/6,there was a part in which if you were to go out of your way,you would find Rosa frozen in stone.I want to know what's up,why and where in the story that happened. Very Happy

AiddonValentine wrote:
I officially stopped caring for Tekken after I played Virtua Fighter and wondered what I had been doing all those years. As for PSP SoulCalibur, I dunno.
We had tournaments of Tekken all the time at Gamecrazy.I've stood countless times and shown the audience what a crappy button masher it was.I didn't even look at the screen on most of the time.

When the Dreamcast launched,I did the same thing with Soul Caliber.It' pathetic.Namco is better than that.spoiler[No they're not]

Virtua Fighter had too many space physics going on for me to ever take seriously.Sad too,because Yu Suzuki is one of my favorite developers.

BleuVII wrote:
I am seriously interested in Resonance of Fate.
What's the appeal?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3