• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Digimon Adventure PSP Game's Teaser Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I want this game so bad! And considering I love the old dub to death, I am all for the game matching it.

And yes, very much hoping it stays on PSP, since I don't have a Vita and don't see myself getting one.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Oho, please tell me this is gonna be on PSP and not Vita, even in 2013! I don't get have a Vita Sad No plans to get one for a while either, I still don't have a PS3!

marie-antoinette wrote:

And yes, very much hoping it stays on PSP, since I don't have a Vita and don't see myself getting one.

I'm sorry to say, but nowadays you either have to keep up with new consoles, or miss out on new games. Yes this will be on PSP in Japan. They are still supporting it, but America is not. The only American games being produced for it are sports games, and currently only ONE retail Japanese game will be coming out (Ragnarok Tactics) with a couple others being released as PSN downloads. However, it won't be long until PSP software, including PSN PSP titles, stop being profitable. However, PSP PSN titles will still be available on Vita, as more keep getting added all the time.

That's the problem. If you refuse to upgrade to the latest system, you'll miss out. I've heard this a ton of times concerning DS/3DS, but in the case of actual 3DS exclusives, with people saying "please make this for DS! I don't have a 3DS and won't buy one!" Sadly, you won't be able to play those games unless you make the upgrade...

A bit of a minor rant, but I just get bugged hearing things like this.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
better not kill off wizardmon or leomon, sigh who am i kidding they are the martyrs of the show,I forget who has died more times betwen them.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote
I don't mind the game being on PSP, but please Namco Bandai do a Vita SKU alongside it. Make it PSP/Vita like you guys are doing for the new AKB48 game, and God Eater 2. As a PSP exclusive this game stands absolutely no chance at localization in 2013. Heck, Re:Digitize stood no chance of localization on PSP in 2012. Just make a Vita version of both (and that One Piece: Romance Dawn RPG too) to give these games even a miniscule shot of being released in the west.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quote
Course if you put "form the makers of Sonic The Hedgehog on the box (maybe put a couple of Yens in Sega's pocket to allow the logo) then you'd probably sell a ton. (This is, incidentally, where Ivy the Kiwi? Went wrong)

TitanXL wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:
You mean little to no marketing or promotion?

I was thinking more 'heavily edited and censored and rewritten completely'. Chances are they'd try to dumb the game down to match the old edited dub like most similar licensed games get
Oh yeah, like how they totally nixed the Izzy being adopted thing, or the mass killing of Digimon in the Dark Masters arc.

Yeah, Cut and Edited.

Oy vay.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Oh yeah, like how they totally nixed the Izzy being adopted thing, or the mass killing of Digimon in the Dark Masters arc.

Yeah, Cut and Edited.

Oy vay.

Citrimon

Think that's all that needs to be said really.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Jou: "Hurry, it's be better to stay in the camp until the adults say it's okay..."
Yamato: "Right, let's go back. We could catch colds."

Joe: "I really think we ought to go back inside before we all come down with pneumonia!"
Matt: "And miss this? The sky is, like, short-circuiting!"

Sora: "What... are these?"
Koushirou: "They're not pagers or cell phones..."

Sora: "What... are these?"
Izzy: "My guess is some sort of miniature remote digital apparatus."

Taichi: "Koromon... You were waiting for me?"
*Koromon grunts an affirmative while he nods, no dialogue during the Digimon Analyser screen*

Tai: "That means... 'Talking Head'???"
Koromon: "It means 'Brave Little Warrior' and don't forget it, Tai!"

Koushirou: "He found me here and said he'll accompany me forever... but why me?"

Izzy: "I believe those miniature remote digital gadgets have taken on an actual life form. I don't remember anything like this in the camp brochure."

Taichi: "Also in fifth grade is Yamato."
Yamato: "I'm Ishida Yamato."

Tai: "And the self-proclaimed cool one over there is Matt."
Matt: "No autographs, please!"

American dub is essentially fanfic-tier by giving characters siblings and relatives they never had, like Sora suddenly having a cousin to pick them up instead of the girls seducing a passing car driver in order to score a free ride, or Mimi always complaiing about a brother she doesn't have.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am Reply with quote
And by "always" you mean once and never mentioned again (a nonexistent puppy was also mentioned, again, once). Those first 13 are rough, I'll give you but even then they stayed the course for the most part.

To be honest, the localised dialogue thing, if not obnoxious, is better than the "OBASAN SAN SAMPAI" nonsense that runs roughshod though dubs these days.

Not all TV Dubs are spawned from the hole of 4kids, guys. Hell, even the Cardcaptor guys did Medabots.

Also, Citrimon- the best made of a bad situation; Disney Said no to giant bomb, they turned it into a Don Patch reference.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote
I must... Resist.. Gah!!! I still like this series after all!!1 Anime hyper
Crispy45

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
And by "always" you mean once and never mentioned again (a nonexistent puppy was also mentioned, again, once). Those first 13 are rough, I'll give you but even then they stayed the course for the most part.

There's literally copypasta after copypasta showing all the stupid dialog changes and censoring and tons of videos lampooning it on YouTube. I can post them all day if you want. Just remember this is a dub that took your tragic and sympathetic villain and turned him into a wisecracking bad pun baddie who wants pizza and breaks the fourth wall. >_> Not to mention the movie.

Quote:
Not all TV Dubs are spawned from the hole of 4kids, guys. Hell, even the Cardcaptor guys did Medabots.

Both those dubs were terrible, please don't tell me you think those two are good too... All these dubs have inserted terrible music playing non-stop with no silence, tons of bad one liners, removal of sexual content and fanservice, and reducing serious villains into walking jokes. Even if 4Kids didn't do them the companies did exactly what 4kids always does.

Quote:
Also, Citrimon- the best made of a bad situation; Disney Said no to giant bomb, they turned it into a Don Patch reference.

I don't remember Don Patch throwing green melons and threatening to juice people with bad fruit puns. Are you saying that cause he's orange? I'd rather have an uncensored product than dub writers throwing in jokes and references to things that don't exist. It was bad enough they threw in all that Taichi/Sora crud that wasn't in the original version and made it so Sora NTR'd Taichi in the dub when that didn't happen in the original just to fuel their own shipper fantasies. Translators should translate, not try to rewrite characters and story because they feel like it.
Gwydion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:46 am Reply with quote
Love Digimon Adventure - in Japanese AND English - and I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY looking forward to this game! It's one of the few things I don't care where or how it ends up getting released, I will get my hands on it one way or another. If it's dubbed and released in the States, I'll be super excited about the ease with which I can buy it and hearing the old cast (so long as they can get them all - no Joshua Seth or Michael Reisz? might as well buy the import). If it's just in Japan, I'll be super excited about having it in Japanese.

Now to save up the money as I don't even own a system to play it on...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2