• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animators Split on Proposed National Media Arts Center

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Goron Marshall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Of course it's possible that they're more concerned with creativity than earning a livable wage, and if that's the case then I admire their devotion.

Well, I can agree with that. Too many anime these days are well, crud, especially the newer stuff. But in the same light... income-wise, anime is mostly the same. Meaning big bucks needed to produce, and big bucks needed for practically everything else... And as everyone here already knows, the industry needs those big bucks.

Really, I don't mind this center. But it's the kind of thing that should have waited.
RebirthedDuelist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
dizzywulf wrote:
Seriously. The anime industry is really hurting. Just give the money to the companies and the animators, and find out how they can really make some reforms to the industry.

the anime industry is hurting and really badly, they should just give the animators and companies the money instead of making the media center. The media center may let in some ideas that wont work plus it'll probaly be a waste, learning to draw manga is usually a hobby.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2