• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nodame Cantabile's 3rd TV Anime to Be Its Finale

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:

How many Del Rey manga are there with anime unlicensed in R1? Nodame, Sugar Sugar Rune....

The Sugar Sugar Rune anime is horrible though. I don't think it's worth licensing because it took a unique manga series and made it generic.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I am glad to hear that they are pushing back the 3rd season to coincide with the end of the manga. I would not have wanted to see an anime original ending. I wonder if they will be pushing back the two live action movies as well now.

I'm sorry, but where does it say that the manga is ending?? If anything, given the author's repeated bouts of illness, I'd imagine the end of the manga is still a ways off. Just because it's the last anime series they intend to do doesn't mean the manga's over.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

I'm sorry, but where does it say that the manga is ending?? If anything, given the author's repeated bouts of illness, I'd imagine the end of the manga is still a ways off. Just because it's the last anime series they intend to do doesn't mean the manga's over.

Because the manga-ka has said herself the manga is nearly over. It's just because of her health issues and the hiatuses she had to take it's taken a bit longer than expected.

http://community.livejournal.com/the_s_orchestra/225629.html
Raja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I never got to watch much of the anime...I lived out in the country in Japan, and the local stations moved it around enough that I never knew when it was on. And the DVDs were always out at the rental shop.

I loved the live-action version enough to hunt down the DVD sets at the used shops. (When I tell my friends here in the states what the full retail price for the set was, they freak.)

I finally picked up volume one of the Del Rey manga version...odd errors in the translator's notes, and in the translation itself...leaving things in romaji when they easily translated into English ('opera club', for example)...do the later volumes get better?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Raja wrote:
I finally picked up volume one of the Del Rey manga version...odd errors in the translator's notes, and in the translation itself...leaving things in romaji when they easily translated into English ('opera club', for example)...do the later volumes get better?

You mean like "Pufferfish Sensei"? That one was painful. I don't know whether they get better, as I've only read the first two myself (one of the few series my library doesn't seem to have - which is why I had no idea the manga is nearing an end).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2