• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic and Kingdom of Magic (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

And into the dungeon they go!
spoiler[This dungeon is not only dangerous, it's also fun ^^
Lots of LOL situations with no rest from the dangers.
They wouldn't make it in there for a minute without Ugo.
That Sharif guy was totally nuts. Things went from bad to worse.
Luckily Alibaba is pretty resourceful ^^]
[/spoiler]
Greggy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
Greggy wrote:
Divineking wrote:
Well when I heard about how they were doing the beginning I was bit worried but that was a pretty good first episode and they managed to mesh the material pretty well. Of course I do hope that it doesn't take all the way until the spoiler[Balbadd arc] for the adaption to be a bit more faithful but I guess it depends on how they do some of the other events.

Really liking the opening song.

If you watch the opening theme spoiler[you don't see any of kassim. So its likely they are completely removing the balbadd arc, which is effing retarded IMO.]

Also why the hell is this only 12 episodes? I swear the companies that make animes these days are retarded. Such a good series and its going to waste with a half ass adaptation!

Watch the opening theme more carefully. He's there. spoiler[He's also in Alibaba's vague foreshadowing flashbacks in episode 2.]

And of course that's not even taking into account that his voice actor (Fukuyama Jun) has already been announced. He's also in the sixth key visual. So him being removed from the series is pretty much impossible.

Also, where did you hear that it was going to be 12 episodes? From the way they've been advertising, it sounds like it'll be at least a 2-cour, and probably a 4-cour.

Ah my bad I was just going on what ANW had posted for the series. They have it as 12 episodes, guess I can't trust their info. 50 episodes would be nice but I doubt the manga is far enough along to allow for that many episodes.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, where did this come from? An amazingly good quality adventure story obviously styled after the Ali Baba legends. I just watched the first two episodes and couldn't find a flaw. Absolutely stunning artwork, animation, acting, and story. I can't say enough good about it. Go watch it now!

[EDIT: Merged. -TK]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
Another dungeon, another day of Magi.

Morgania looks like she is indecisive about a lot of things and given her past, it's not a surprise. Morgania's master is a jerk imo. spoiler[He admires Aladdin's magic while begging to be a king]. I hope he gets his ass kicked soon, righteously.

Two genies episode, twice the fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Firstly I have to repeat that I freakin love the ED song. Hmm, seems to be sung by a group called Nogizaka46, apparently the "official rival" of AKB48, damn why do I get drawn into these things? Anyway, it seems to be my facorite this season, to be honest it kind of makes my eyes get emotional.

There episode was also great. It seems that Morgiana was really broken although she spoiler[struggled she just had to follow his orders, it seems so awful with her being blamed when things went bad, and the praised later]. That Sharif was such a snake, he spoiler[tried acting tough, flaunting his training around, but Alibaba was somehow very well trained at the royal style. he trully lost it revealing the coward he is, and ended up dyeing with his servant that corrupted], it was rather heartwarming.

Wonderful really.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised by how much I'm suddenly liking this. The first two episodes were ok, but fairly standard stuff, and then this episode just took off. I hope spoiler[the sharif doesn't make a miraculous comeback. He really needs to stay dead.]

Ugo with that tiny flute where his head should be is simultaneously hilarious and creepy.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ugo with that tiny flute where his head should be is simultaneously hilarious and creepy.

Until this episode, I didn't realize that his head was still in the flute; I just thought his body was being summoned without the head. It makes a lot more sense this way.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

spoiler[Those two never seem to get rid of that annoying sharif.
That stuck up guy is totally an annoying coward pretending to be strong.
Morgiana is also a weird one. Just can't figure her out.
That sharif is delusional is he thinks Aladdin will ever choose him.
So they beat the dungeon. Ammon sure said some interesting things.]
underlock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed the flute this episode as well. Thankfully that villain is gone, because he wasn't entertaining at all. spoiler[He must have been manipulated by his master], but it was a little too hard to buy into the whole thing. We may have had really bad leaders in the past, but none of them was that dumb, I think. Stabbing your own guard? Keeping your best fighter chained?

That little complaint aside, I'm really enjoying the theme as well. I really liked Aladdin games when I was small, so this has been a nostalgia punch.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Are all the jinn blue because of Disney, or were they described that way in the original tales and mythologies?
underlock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't know. Since they come from a lamp, maybe they're all based on blue fire? Oh wait, this one came from a flute. I'd say it's because of Disney considering how the anime itself is.

According to wiki they're made of smokeless fire, so perhaps they could be any fire colour?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 just slaps you in the face.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Episode 4 just slaps you in the face.

definitely more serious.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
You kill one, you declare war. Too bad, someone got killed @ the end there, at least I think.

Hmm, the soundtrack of the night fight scene was nice imo. I can't wait for the OST for it to come out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

(as getting towards the end) Oh so it is all going pretty well, they spoiler[saved the girls, killed none of stupid soldiers, and have decided to put the one act of a few behind them and join.]

(right beforespoiler[ ending song]) Shocked Wait they spoiler[killed awesome granny.]

That princess may be great for joining countries, but she needs to be more careful of who is under her control, I mean how bad can he be, He spoiler[knocks over a woman who was ofering to extend peace talks, tries to bully them in complacency, kidnaps their women with the plan of slavery and rape, and then kills an old ladies who's words saved his life.] On the other hand, Alibaba is doing alright, he spoiler[freed all of the slaves] like I hoped, and does not seem to have let it get too far to his head.

I noticed a very eastern style to the clothes in their current episode. Hopefully we can have the group together soon, but the story has been pretty good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 19