• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America 2013 Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Rather than bumping older threads...I will just add this here.

Now with counters @ TRSI

Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 individual listing got de-listed by TRSI and I was told they won't be getting any more. There are low amount copies left for the S1 & 2 bundle with the current 12 Days of Savings Sale. Arakawa Under the Bridge BD/DVD Premium Holiday Bundle (S) (1-2) - Your Price: $81.98 (You Save 42%), Qty: 42
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote
Is there any news on standard editions of Katanagatari and Arakawa? Or do they only do those for shows that sold extremely well?
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
Is there any news on standard editions of Katanagatari and Arakawa? Or do they only do those for shows that sold extremely well?

NISA puts out standard for all their titles when the title sells out. So for better selling titles, standards are put out fasted since the limited sold out (unless they plan a reprint, which is a slim chance). Pandora Hearts limited release came out on 2010-10-26 and 2011-01-25, and the standards didn't come out until 2012-01-24. But for working, the limited was out on 2011-03-29, while the standard was out on 2011-07-05.

I say, give it like 3-6 months when the limited versions are off on RightStuf before they're put onto the market. Most cases the limited sets are gone when the standards are put out, but they had an odd case with their Persona title as it took RightStuf 2 years to finally delist it (part 1 is still there). Persona had a 2 year wait before the standard came out.

People need to stop worrying if NISA is going to put a standard out or not. The average length of time a lisence last is 5-6 years. You honestly think a smart company would just sit on the license after the 1st print sold out. What about the people that could buy the limited release? Either it be they didn't know about the anime when it was out, sold out before they could get a copy, ect
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
I had no idea that there was that much time between the premium and standard sets of Pandora Hearts. I just figured that since Katanagatari has been out for a while and there hasn't been an announcement on standard editions, that maybe they weren't going to make them.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote
Pandora Hearts most likely stayed in-stock a lot longer, too. They did say they wait for the limited sets to sell out before doing the standard print release. No point in flooding the market with a 2nd print when the 1st print is still around.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Quote:
Contains episodes 1-13 of season 3 and a full-color, 32-page hardcover art book styled after the Book of Friends and featuring detailed info about the characters, an episode guide, rough sketches, and Japanese DVD package illustrations.

Special Features: Clean Opening, Clean Ending, Japanese Commercials.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

Due to license restrictions, this item cannot be shipped to Japan.

Last edited by WTK on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

OMG YES!

And from that price I wonder if it will be BR/DVD this time since it is just season 3.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
TRSI is listing this as DVD-only. I have to wonder why it has an MSRP of $69.99 and a discounted price of $51.99 when it is only one season as opposed to two, the way the first release was. I wonder if maybe that is mistake.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
TRSI has fixed that Natsume's Book of Friends S3 listing. It's BD/DVD combo release.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
TRSI is listing this as DVD-only. I have to wonder why it has an MSRP of $69.99 and a discounted price of $51.99 when it is only one season as opposed to two, the way the first release was. I wonder if maybe that is mistake.

Look again it is listed as DVD/BR Smile

OMG the cover art <3 the only reason this is not an instant order is I wait to order from NISA so I can get the bonus item.

Last edited by Maidenoftheredhand on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, that makes sense then. I was afearin' we might have been witnessing a little MSRP inflation going on here...
Altacia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm...

I suppose they were testing the waters with the first DVD only release.

That box just looks amazing, Even more so then the first one.

haha, This just seriously made my day.

Laughing
supercreep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
Hmmm...

I suppose they were testing the waters with the first DVD only release.

That box just looks amazing, Even more so then the first one.

haha, This just seriously made my day.

Laughing

Actually, the first two seasons were broadcast in standard def. NISA doesn't upscale their shows for blu-ray.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I could be wrong, but I bet the first two seasons of Natsume were not released on BD in Japan and that's why NISA's release was DVD-only.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
The first two seasons were released on BR in Japan but only as an upscale.

Seasons 3 & 4 were released on BR from the beginning so I think that was the difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11