• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - In the Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
sainta wrote:
I bet that the complaints regarding DmC will never stop.

Not when it's being done by those talentless hacks at Ninja Theory. This game has zero hype going for it and even CAPCOM seems to be aware of how much it's despised. They're probably just going to sweep it under the rug after it's released and go back to the original continuity.

or appeal to a huger crowd that eats this sh** up in droves rather than cater to the fans that helped build their company up. As you stated yes capcom knows how much a segment of gamers hate them now but the problem is.. do they give a f***??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I love all the persecution complexes Capcom "fans" seem to have. Like it's the company's goal to annoy them.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I love all the persecution complexes Capcom fanboys seem to have.

Well to a certain point in many series it is valid. look at megaman, or Phoenix wright fans
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Cancelling one game and... making more games in a franchise?

Not really seeing their evil in this.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

You have not played a megaman BN game past 3 or starforce have you.
and did not know about MEI2 or play MEI when it was released and don't know about PW vs PL
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
What's wrong with those games? They seemed fine to me.

Actually the EXE/Ryuusei series were my favorites.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Little buddy, huh... Actually, in the original, Leia calls Alvin "Alvin-kun", even though he's 10 years older than her, and as such... Yeah. He's kind of bewildered by that.

That was my 2 cents. Razz Now you know~
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
What's wrong with those games? They seemed fine to me.

Actually the EXE/Ryuusei series were my favorites.

I love battle net but can you honestly say 4-6 where good names, or that shooting star made decent use of the DS like BN did for the GBA
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

It wasn't just Legends. They also canceled Universe. Rockman Online (which wasn't developed at Capcom) also got the axe. Of course it doesn't help matters when the only MegaMan game known to currently be in development are incredibly apparent cash grabs that a couple of fans could make in a few hours. Did I mention that this year marks MegaMan's 25th Anniversary yet Xover is the only new game for the series?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:05 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
TitanXL wrote:

It wasn't just Legends. They also canceled Universe. Rockman Online (which wasn't developed at Capcom) also got the axe. Of course it doesn't help matters when the only MegaMan game known to currently be in development are incredibly apparent cash grabs that a couple of fans could make in a few hours. Did I mention that this year marks MegaMan's 25th Anniversary yet Xover is the only new game for the series?

Apparently Universe actually wasn't very good though from what I heard about from previews. Furthermore, Legends 3 wasn't actually greenlit and Inafune leaving due to throwing a midlife crisis hissy fit is more what killed it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Actually X, Zero, and Tron are in in Project × Zone which just got released last week.

Though really given Inafune's departure, they may not want to touch the character too much since he was the guy who helped create him and working on him without the creator isn't really their main priority. I know "Capcom" and "not milking" is kind of a funny thing to say, but hey.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
I really liked Enslaved which was also done by Ninja Theory, so I am mildly curious about DmC. I still think Dante's new design looks awful though.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I love all the persecution complexes Capcom "fans" seem to have. Like it's the company's goal to annoy them.

I haven't been a Capcom fan in a long time, moved onto greener pastures like NIS and Atlus, but :

- they cancelled BOF and put it in a coffin, at least if not more 3rd party companies said they would be willig to develop, Capcom told them to shove off
- Megaman Legends 3
- at least 3 franchise went down the drain under their watch - RE, DMC, and Lost Planet
- they have been messing around with Wright fans for a while
- the only thing they really seem to do is spam the same one or two street fighter games all the time. I mean does every SF game really need 2-4 different versions
- not to mention they seemed to treat Inafune pretty poorly, and this is the guy who put them on the map

Frankly they haven't done anything to earn any goodwill in like a decade.

edit: Oh and I forgot, the only other game that anyone wants, at least on this site, the anime inspired lost planet EX, they already said we wont get it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
- they cancelled BOF and put it in a coffin, at least if not more 3rd party companies said they would be willig to develop, Capcom told them to shove off

I think that franchise died long ago. 2 and 3 were the peak, but 4 and Dragon Quarter were just disappointing. Not to mention Dragon Quarter got abysmal sales. Don't think it's their fault the franchise just died off if no one bought that last few games. I love 2 and 3 to death, but sometimes franchises just get lost in time and fade away.

Quote:
- at least 3 franchise went down the drain under their watch - RE, DMC, and Lost Planet

That's all opinion.. lots of people still like those franchises.

Quote:
- they have been messing around with Wright fans for a while

How so? They release a new Gyakuten Saiban game like every year.

Quote:
edit: Oh and I forgot, the only other game that anyone wants, at least on this site, the anime inspired lost planet EX, they already said we wont get it.

Not sure if you can blame stuff not being brought over to the US on them. Blame the western market that doesn't allow it to succeed here, or other factors like the economy/currency exchange rates.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Okay, this is totally off topic, but did The X Button ever talk about New Little King's Story coming out like... 2 weeks ago?

My mind is pretty blown right now given that I had absolutely no idea and was looking to snatch the thing up.

Title was apparently download only?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3