• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Shōjo Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Now I wonder if Sanae Kobayashi would use her Lucy/Nyuu voice. Wink

That's the sort of proposal that'd lure me to a shoujo title. Typically I give this sort of thing a miss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SoraElric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
YAY! I love KWMS! I hope FUNimation (or some other company, but preferably Funi) picks it up and releases it in the US because I plan to buy it Very Happy
littletykes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:52 am Reply with quote
Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:
topleka wrote:
littletykes wrote:

but it also sounds familiar. might be similar to nogizaka haruka no himitsu? spoiler[(school idol's secret otaku lifestyle is found out by some guy)]

Not at all. Haruka is an ojou type. Misaki is definitely not. Anime hyper

Also, Misaki works as a maid. It's her part-time job, not her pastime. Haruka celebrates her fandom in secret.

I see. haha! this sounds more interesting now. Twisted Evil
care2care

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:
I have to give a big "WTF" at the localized title, though, given that "Maid-Sama" kind of misses the entire point of the name. Ahhh, whatever.

I don't think it's so bad. For one, it associates itself with the original Japanese title (which a lot of readers would be familiar with because of the series' popularity as a scanlation). And it's got the juxtaposition of the normally subservient "maid" with a highly respectful -sama suffix. Other than that, it's short and easy to remember and pronounce. 'S all good!

Yay for more shoujo anime!!

I agree. They could have named it "Ms. Maid" lol. It definitely misses the point. Not just because its "fully" translated but it doesn't want me to WANT to pick it up. Like if I didn't know any better it'd seem like it was another shounen ecchi/fanservice title. Those boys and their cosplay obsessions....tsk tsk tsk

Anywho, I'm glad they're making this manga an anime! This is my current fave and I had a feeling it was going to be adapted.....its just so hilarious and quirky! I love it!

I can't wait til we see some pictures of how the animation's going to look like. Hiro Fujiwara has a very nice style and I'd like to see that on-screen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2