• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dance In The Vampire Bund TV Anime's Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
A few thoughts...

First of all, this actually looks like a quite creepy and effective little horror series from this trailer. Vampires need to be taken back from sparkle-happy fangirls!

Second, this series is going to have one of the sickest fandoms out there. Period. I don't know whether it's pervy or not, but it will attract pervs from the darkest recesses of the otaku world. And those who watch it for the horror will be forced to apologize for liking it. Poor fans.

Third, NAKATA JOUJI = WIN!
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Never read the manga, but the covers give a creepy loli vibe, which keeps me uninterested to say the least. But damn it to hell, it's freaking Akiyuki Shinbo, so I can't not watch it. I did enjoy Moon Phase quite a bit, which he also directed. This looks like a more serious version of that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
I did enjoy Moon Phase quite a bit, which he also directed. This looks like a more serious version of that.

Oh yeah... based on the promo, I'd say we're pretty fricken' far away from Hazuki, Big Brother.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Trailer looks awesome.
And actual werewolves? Count me in.

I just hope I can stomach the lolicon in this.
I tried reading the manga but backed out but I'm willing to try again with the anime.

I heard it's a really good story.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
completely awesome

Seconded!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Never read the manga, but the covers give a creepy loli vibe, which keeps me uninterested to say the least. But damn it to hell, it's freaking Akiyuki Shinbo, so I can't not watch it. I did enjoy Moon Phase quite a bit, which he also directed. This looks like a more serious version of that.

Akiyuki Shinbo loves him the creepy loli vibe. He's the guy who did Le Potrait de Petit Cossette, after all... if this is as trippy-awesome as that, I'll be VERY interested.
Seljuk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
A loli vampire who mercilessly decapitates army soldiers in a giant spray of blood? Count me in. I really hope she doesn't have a 'dere' side, just a straight badass character would be so awesome. Guess I'll go check out the manga to get a taste of what it will be like, because that preview looked awesome.

This could very well be the high-fantasy monster anime that I have been waiting to be done right for so long.
michelous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Seljuk wrote:
A loli vampire who mercilessly decapitates army soldiers in a giant spray of blood? Count me in. I really hope she doesn't have a 'dere' side, just a straight badass character would be so awesome. Guess I'll go check out the manga to get a taste of what it will be like, because that preview looked awesome.

This could very well be the high-fantasy monster anime that I have been waiting to be done right for so long.

spoiler[she does sadly and the were wolf bitting the head off takes 4 volumes to happen]

i hope the anime comes out winter because i don't want to wait for
Feb 2, 2010 to see what happens next
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Even if it is very lolicon-ish,I like the manga and the trailer --which I must say,is pretty badass--makes me look forward to the anime even more.
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I haven't posted on ANN for awhile, mostly because I'm not as "hardcore" as a lot of people here. . .

Anyway, I have to say this series looks really cool. I really like series with lots of hardcore action.

As a side note is there any particular reason that the main character appears to go around killing things while nude, or is it "just cause." Although I guess technically she is still wearing her cape. LOL "P

*sigh* too bad I'll either:

a) never see it

or

b) not see it for several years if it gets released in NA.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

Akiyuki Shinbo loves him the creepy loli vibe. He's the guy who did Le Potrait de Petit Cossette, after all... if this is as trippy-awesome as that, I'll be VERY interested.

If I had any inclination I could have found this out myself, but holy hell, with Moonphase AND Petite Cossette under this guy's belt, I'm expecting a lot more than I already was. Both of those were visual mind trips, and I enjoyed them greatly. Heck, even if I found everything else sub-par, I would purchase those two for the aesthetics alone. I may go back to fansubs...but please, CR or someone, stream it for free.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Trailer doesn't make it look that bad, but Dance in the Vampire Bund remains the most annoying title I've ever seen. I remember the cover catching my eye at Barne's and Nobel like a year ago, and then un-catching my eye when I noticed how weird the character's stomach looked.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Looks cool, kind of like MoonPhase mixed with Hellsing, plus looked like some students in there. Some badass vampires are always a good watch, looks like a have to watch whenever it comes out.
jjsake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Vampires, Werewolves, Gore, blood everywhere, romance, sexual themes (highly possible there will be sex), etc.. Only if the anime sticks close to the manga. If it does, then I highly recommend you watch this anime.

spoiler[loli is not her true form! You will understand if you read the manga.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2