• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote

These Penguins Have the Right Stuf: Part 2

or

3-2-1 Holiday Savings!

Blue was absorbed with the nav computer.

"Lucky, could you read me those coordinates again?"

No response.

"Lieutenant Lucky?"

At the continued silence she glanced up. The room was empty - wait, no, not quite empty. Bubbles had just floated in.

"Lt. Lucky went to help out Blaze in the engine room. What's up, Blue?"

Her eyes returned to the computer. "Could you read me those coordinates on the table? Lucky wrote them down on a piece of paper somewhere." She gestured vaguely towards the middle of the room. This close to Earth, Blue was taking no chances of the Steelbeak going off course, and had hovered over their jury-rigged navigation system since the bright blue sphere had gotten close enough for the penguins to see land masses and clouds. Her long-since forgotten lunch, a bag of Europan krill, was tucked un-opened next to her desk.

They were aiming for Antarctica, obviously enough. Lucky and Blue had agreed that the South Pole was their simplest, best option. The nav system was sketchy, to say the least, and they wanted to avoid a water landing (the penguins would probably survive, but they doubted the Steelbeak would). After Europa, it would even feel warm.

"Found ‘em! Uh... zero point zero-zero-zero- do you need all the zeroes? yeah? zero. And ninety point zerozerozerozero. Do you need the S and W, too? There's an S and a W."

"Thanks."

He floated closer to Blue and the computer. "That's all it takes to make sure we get home? Two numbers?"

"All it takes. Shouldn't you be strapping in somewhere? Te- Cmdr. Tess says we'll be entering the atmosphere as soon as she's done making sure everyone's accounted for and inside the ship." Blue stopped looking at the system long enough to throw a pointed look Bubbles' way.

"I was just trying to find a window seat. Why didn't we build this thing with window seats?"

"We, Ensign?" The reply came not from Blue but from behind him.

"Oh, uh... hi Commander." Bubbles attempted an almost-passable salute. "I did help test the suits."

"Yes, I recall. I also recall what happened after you helped test the suits."

"Blaze said it was better to spot the problem with the oxygen tanks sooner rather than later, and that the fire could have been a lot-"

"Go strap in, Ensign Bubbles."

"-worse and... Yes, ma'am." Another rough salute, and Bubbles floated back the way he came.

"Well, Lieutenant Commander, are we ready to land this hunk of junk?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Good. Start pointing our beak towards home on my count. Might as well make a show of it."

Tess hit the button for the ship's intercomm. "Alright everyone, we've got about 300 kilometers between us and some fish that tastes like real fish! I want everyone strapped to something that doesn't move, and I want everyone to stay like that for the next hour. Landing manuevers begin in three..."

Lucky had found a seat where, now that he'd moved some storage lockers, he could at least see out a tiny corner of the deck window and succeeded in buckling himself in just as Tess started the count.

"Two...

Blaze and Lucky were firmly strapped in near - but not too near - the engine room, in case any heroics were needed during landing. Lucky hoped there wouldn't be. Blaze hoped there would.

"One..."

There were a lot of clouds today, and Blue couldn't see if it was land or ocean beneath them. But Lucky's calculations had gotten them this far, and of all planets, the nav system should be able to handle Earth. One more hour. One more hour.

"Blue, take us home!"
Altacia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
I see that Chaos;Head Limited Edition set all over the place...

It never seems to sell or maybe it's just not Limited, The box is really nice looking but... I have this feeling the box may be better then the show?

Never seen it.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Counter Update

- T-3

- T-2
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Bleh... Figures that Maid-Sama! is selling out/sold out so quickly. I hope I may be able to get one of the sets by the end of the sale, but if not, I guess I'll be waiting until I can afford the complete collection.

Definitely wanting that Princess Jellyfish set, especially since it's so cheap. And Moribito. Ugh, my poor wallet...
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
So...anyone have anything good to say about Innocent Venus, Intrigue in the Bakumatsu, or Hakugei?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
that's like the everyday price on amazon for jellyfish

I need to pick up originator still
i hate coyote ragtime, but for 6$? that's great
I think I will wait till the 3rd sale though before ordering
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle (Hyb) (1-8 + Box) $209.94 $17.99*(91% Off)

Are these cd sized jewel cases? Or is this just another way of saying there are 8 single dvd cases?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
So...anyone have anything good to say about Innocent Venus, Intrigue in the Bakumatsu, or Hakugei?

I have only seen IV and found it pretty meh. In fact, after I watched it, I ended up selling my copy because I realized I'd never rewatch it again.
chronoclast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Quote:
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle (Hyb) (1-8 + Box) $209.94 $17.99*(91% Off)

Are these cd sized jewel cases? Or is this just another way of saying there are 8 single dvd cases?

They're in what's called Super Jewel Boxes. DVD height jewel cases that are the same width as CD jewel cases.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Just an FYI, they are out of the figurines for the Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Holiday Bundle. Got an email today about it and thought I should share.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I was sad to see the K-drama boxsets go so fast, well before I got a shot at them. I kind of wonder if they were snapped up by fans (like me) or by people who are going to turn around and put them up on eBay for ridiculous prices now that YAE is closing up shop. Crying or Very sad I'm hoping it's the former.

Anyway, as a consolation prize (?) I added a copy of MD Geist to my latest manga order, along with Gunhed (the Greatest Movie Ever! podcast about it makes it sound worthwhile, for that price at least) and the Asian Action Pack 2 (because I was eyeing Conduct Zero anyway for $4, might as well get 4 additional movies for only 69 cents more).

P.S. I am a little curious though, as the listing for that last item says:

"Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles."

Should I assume that's a typo and it should say "Korean" instead of "Japanese" (since these are all Korean films)? Whatever, for that cheap I'm not too worried but I wouldn't ever actually watch a live action film that had been dubbed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
T-3

T-2

T-1

Last edited by WTK on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 am; edited 8 times in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Everybody who isn't a prude should buy Nerima Daikon Brothers. It's most definitely worth $5 with the hilarious dub it has. It saddens me to see it and Yugo priced so low since they are both quite good (though very different) and must have piles and piles of unsold discs to get that low.

Nothing that will change my DeepDiscount order, but I'll get the K-ON season 2 bundle and something else, most likely Chrno Crusade.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote
Woohoo! Arakawa Season 2 just what I was waiting for! Insta buy!

Thanks for the updates WTK, you are awesome.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
So wait, Arakawa S2 is $30, but S1 is essentially normal priced? I don't get it.

I was somewhat hoping for more Sentai titles (Clannad BDs) since I'd way rather order from TRSI than DD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 24