• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: British Anime Net Dancer Beckii Cruel Forms Girl Band

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
It's basically a U-15 idol thing, right? Talent's not important, it's just for satisfying the Japanese consumer who fetishizes over foreign girls. See: candydoll.tv (Possibly NSFW).

This says a lot ^^;

Quote:
JAPAN DOMESTIC ONLY
We are very sorry to inform you that our site is only for users in Japan who understand Japanese as it stands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:54 am Reply with quote
She's not as whorish as Alisa-chan, but she just seems like she's trying to be the Brit answer to Hillary Duff.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
The thing is, if she did that in front of Simon Cowe, he'd tear her to shreds and send her back to Manx in an emotional body bag. I hope it works out for her and she just enjoys her moment of fame in a foreign country, but I can't help but feel this is on the razor edge of going so badly wrong. Maybe it's from watching "Perfect Blue". I blame the parents. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
Mohawk: I dunno. I think she's pretty good at coming off creepy, too. Wink
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
The thing is, if she did that in front of Simon Cowe, he'd tear her to shreds and send her back to Manx in an emotional body bag. I hope it works out for her and she just enjoys her moment of fame in a foreign country, but I can't help but feel this is on the razor edge of going so badly wrong. Maybe it's from watching "Perfect Blue". I blame the parents. Wink

I'm simply hoping that she is self aware of what she's doing. If she is, and can recognize when she should disappear with what money she's made and go to college somewhere nondescript and move on with her life, then all the power to her.
But if she starts to believe in it herself, I hope she has a good friend who tells her the truth.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

But if she starts to believe in it herself, I hope she has a good friend who tells her the truth.

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me, who believes that you f**king suck! Yeah, that's not as inspirational as the original, but it should do the job.
hakojo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me, who believes that you f**king suck! Yeah, that's not as inspirational as the original, but it should do the job.

That's not what samuelp said at all:

samuelp wrote:

'it' being that she has actual talent, versus simply not believing in oneself generally. And quite frankly, as one who also puts herself out on the internet for fun, I agree.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
hakojo wrote:
hissatsu01 wrote:

That's not what samuelp said at all:

samuelp wrote:

'it' being that she has actual talent, versus simply not believing in oneself generally. And quite frankly, as one who also puts herself out on the internet for fun, I agree.

I'm going to guess you haven't watched Gurren Lagann.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
samuelp wrote:

Believe in yourself. Not in the you that you believe, and not in the you that I believe in either. Believe in the you who believes in you.
Who the hell do you think I am?!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2