• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Adds Code Geass: Knights & Queens Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
wow Lelouch/Suzaku manga I prefer Rolo/Lelouch more though, but I guess I'll buy it anyways.
loka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
the "For Boys" and "For Girls" on the covers made me chuckle.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
loka wrote:
the "For Boys" and "For Girls" on the covers made me chuckle.

As if it wasn't obvious enough Wink
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
At least what Bandai did is an example of gender equality.

How is that gender equality? Lelouch and Suzaku are sipping tea and C.C. is grabbing Kallen's boob.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 am Reply with quote
This makes me think less of code geass as a franchise. I much prefer stories written from the authors own ideas, as oposed to a bunch of sexual fanservice. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bleachigo66 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grazzlebaz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't buy this for the story, but for the fan service....hell yes.

Also did anyone notice that parts from the latest manga are related to the new Code Geass project. Does anyone have more info on that?
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

How is that gender equality? Lelouch and Suzaku are sipping tea and C.C. is grabbing Kallen's boob.

I meant the audience, not the character. If they just release the "just for boy" manga, and not "just for girl" manga for US release, you know how the female audience would react and probably be offended and call this move, sexist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Because girls have richer fantasy lives?
We don't need every little detail spelled out for us?
Lelouch is feeding Suzaku the tea. They are not just having tea. Feeding one another is a sensual move all in itself.
What, you want a cover of them grabbing one another's crotches?
Rather crass, don't you think?
There's not much really to do short of them being shirtless & drapped across one another like the GetBacker's stuff of Ban & Ginji which, along with one of the author's comments has fueled all the Ban/Ginji fanfics/doujins/fanart that pisses off all the guys who say "But they're always chasing Hevn! Ban & Ginji are straight!" Yet we see numerous fan-service shots of Hevn & Natsume together in the manga. They're fictional characters. They're whatever the author makes them

Quote:
This makes me think less of code geass as a franchise. I much prefer stories written from the authors own ideas, as aposed to a bunch of sexual fanservice.

I didn't notice until the 3rd time thru, but it's opposed as in opposite.

You don't think the "real authors" don't know damned well about the doujins/fanfics/etc.? Yu Watase was asked about her favorite yaoi pairing from Fushigi Yugi (NakagoXTamahome). Some of these authors are writing the doujins themselves for heaven's sake.
Can't you see the original authors are often putting in shots of characters in positions to feed the doujin makers? I've seen it in Bleach. It's all over Code Geass--how much Lelouche cares about his sister, how he frets over his relationship with Suzaku. Yeah, he cares about several gals in his life, but he stresses most over his sister & Suzaku.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Aren't these ones "for guys" and "for girls" because of the shounen and shoujo-ai? Maybe not directly, but at least implied?

Well I can see the queens versions will be more popular than the knight version cause it'll please both guys and girls. That i know for sure. Especially if there's any mild yuri aspect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Because girls have richer fantasy lives?
We don't need every little detail spelled out for us?
Lelouch is feeding Suzaku the tea. They are not just having tea. Feeding one another is a sensual move all in itself.
What, you want a cover of them grabbing one another's crotches?
Rather crass, don't you think?

No, I'd say they should have shown Suzaku's butt like they did with C.C., or Lelouch, whatever. I wonder what Lelouch's butt would look like. Just the sexual grade of the sexiness would be sexy enough to sexually beat any sort of sexiness this world possesses. Eww.
Panon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Grazzlebaz wrote:

You're going to be severely disappointed. There's more fanservice on the covers than in the content inside.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This makes me think less of code geass as a franchise. I much prefer stories written from the authors own ideas, as aposed to a bunch of sexual fanservice.

CCSYueh wrote:

You don't think the "real authors" don't know damned well about the doujins/fanfics/etc.? Yu Watase was asked about her favorite yaoi pairing from Fushigi Yugi (NakagoXTamahome). Some of these authors are writing the doujins themselves for heaven's sake.
Can't you see the original authors are often putting in shots of characters in positions to feed the doujin makers? I've seen it in Bleach. It's all over Code Geass--how much Lelouche cares about his sister, how he frets over his relationship with Suzaku. Yeah, he cares about several gals in his life, but he stresses most over his sister & Suzaku.

You pretty much made my point for me.
Obviously the writers of any series are aware of doshinji, I am disapointed that the same series that is held in such high regard for their plots has decided to take the doshinji fanservice road just to make money. There is a big difference between "feeding" doshinji makers, and publishing it themselves. I don't have a problem with doshinji in general, I just think Code Geass should have stopped while they were ahead.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
Obviously the writers of any series are aware of doshinji, I am disappointed that the same series that is held in such high regard for their plots has decided to take the doshinji fanservice road just to make money. There is a big difference between "feeding" doshinji makers, and publishing it themselves. I don't have a problem with doshinji in general, I just think Code Geass should have stopped while they were ahead.

I wonder, is there a real need to complain about this? They're just making some money out of it; not forcing anyone to buy either. Or are you just so worried about Code Geass' pride and decency. This is by no means where they're stopping, and I do put some faith in the next series. And like I said, there's absolutely nothing forcing you to watch any spin-off or sequel, so you really won't have to taint your past experience with Code Geass, that is, unless you're that worried about Code Geass' popularity.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Grazzlebaz wrote:

You're going to be severely disappointed. There's more fanservice on the covers than in the content inside.

That's really..........disappointing. I thought about getting the Queen copy since I fantasize about Kallen all the time love Code Geass, but now I'm less than enthused.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Pride? Isn't this the same Code Geass that had product placements for Pizza Hut everywhere but in the opening sequences?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3