• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Digital Monsters/Digimon TV Anime's Image Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Digimon shot itself in the foot with Digimon Frontier, then it committed suicide with Digimon Savers. We don't need another season! Digimon seasons 1-3 were epic! Why can't some channel re-air those seasons instead?! I miss them!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wooga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Digimon shot itself in the foot with Digimon Frontier, then it committed suicide with Digimon Savers. We don't need another season! Digimon seasons 1-3 were epic! Why can't some channel re-air those seasons instead?! I miss them!

I think this comment is rather ironic, coming from someone with a Sonic the Hedgehog avatar.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I think I'm the only one here that really enjoyed Savers :p It felt like Tamers, to me at least. Frontier though, well, some of it was so-so but still...
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I loved season 1, 3 and 4. Season 2 started good but it really got ridiculousness by the end with all these Digidestined around the world. Season 5 was just stale. Hope 06 will be good.
cruzceleste

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quote
Awesome Very Happy I love Digimon.... even now I watching Digimon Savers Smile
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:47 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Emerje wrote:
They combine to form a giant robot? This is better than Data Squad already! Anime catgrin

This sounds to be the next logical step from Data Squad. Granted, I didn't see a lot of it, but it felt like Power Rangers but without the giant combining robots.

Oh come on, Frontier was WAY more Power Rangers than Savers was. Razz

(On that topic, I have to say that I am also one of the ones who loves Savers. The Data Squad dub was pretty rockin' too.)
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
Looks like a Digimon that's returning to its roots, which might be cool. Or totally boring. But I'm thinking it's looking pretty good for the moment.

I wonder if this kid has any relation to Daisuke? He looks a lot like him and those goggles are looking awfully familiar too...

Well I sure as hell dont think so.

I absolutely cringed when i heard it's returning. It's a extreme waste of money and resources.

Bakguan and even Beyblade were more fun to watch and are much better kids series than digimon.

I hope that NEVER comes back to the US cause when it comes to god forsaken awful series, this pocket monsters clone is definately one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote
Curious how this goes. Seasons 1, 2, and Savers (-barely watched Data Squad version) were my favs.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Bakguan and even Beyblade were more fun to watch and are much better kids series than digimon.

Are you for real?

Quote:

I hope that NEVER comes back to the US cause when it comes to god forsaken awful series, this pocket monsters clone is definately one of them.

Okay. Give me three things about Digimon besides having "mon" in the title and having monsters in them that are the same as Pocket Monsters and I will try to shoot them down.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Ouch. Bakugan and Beyblade aren't even watchable. They may all be shows designed to sell toys, but I'll take an adventure series with meaningful character development like Digimon over boring, flat, and over done tournament shows.

Quote:

Digimon is a virtual pet franchise, trainers typically only get one, how can it be a clone of a series about collecting? That has always been a weak argument and continues to be one.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Ouch. Bakugan and Beyblade aren't even watchable. They may all be shows designed to sell toys, but I'll take an adventure series with meaningful character development like Digimon over boring, flat, and over done tournament shows.

Quote:

Digimon is a virtual pet franchise, trainers typically only get one, how can it be a clone of a series about collecting? That has always been a weak argument and continues to be one.

Emerje

Methinks Chii's Sweet Home/Address is an even MUCH more watchable TODDLER'S show than that :p Seriously... Spinning tops... I don't care if they project creatures on top... There is really not too much story with that, other than "get stronger!"... (no offense to other fans or anything).

Also, I love BOTH Pokemon and Digimon dearly... They are two very different franchises, and both have awesome concepts.
Besides, this clone has lasted 5 seasons, many many different video games, AND has had... 8 movies... No other quote "clone" has even COME that close :p
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
rizuchan wrote:
Looks like a Digimon that's returning to its roots, which might be cool. Or totally boring. But I'm thinking it's looking pretty good for the moment.

I wonder if this kid has any relation to Daisuke? He looks a lot like him and those goggles are looking awfully familiar too...

Well I sure as hell don't think so.

I absolutely cringed when i heard it's returning. It's a extreme waste of money and resources.

Beyblade was decent enough for one season but when they went into the new seasons with the strangely radical art style it just sucked.

Don't get me started on Bakugan! You wanna talk clones, Digimon looks like the most inventive series ever compared to Bakugan. It's nothing more than a god awful rip off of Yugioh and Beyblade.

Digimon might have been cashing in on the Pokemon wave at the time but its still less of a shameless rip off as Bakugan.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
rizuchan wrote:

You must've been one of the poor bastards who only experienced Season Four.

I take pity upon your soul.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
rizuchan wrote:

Since everyone else is bashing on you, I might as well join in. You want to talk better shows? Digimon was the cream of the crop back in it's day. Pokemon was it's only competiton also. Name me three shows back during the Prime Pokemon/Digimon era that were as popular as these, and i'll admit you're right. Plus how the hell was this a Pokemon CLONE?! Digimon could talk. They had better digivolving sequences. They could warp together and create stronger digimon. Digimon could digivolve, then go back to their rookie or even their in-training form(yes, I was a MAJOR Digi freak back in the day). All Pokemon could do was go on 14 ****ing years and become as stale as every other kids show out today. Digimon pwned, but it needed to stay dead at season 3.
Werewolfhero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
I actually liked Season 4 (hated those two useless ones that tagged along though) , Season 1 was probably the best though.

think the one above just has the series confused with pokemon (cringes at the thought of that show) way too cutesy and annoying, especially since those only repeat their name over and over. Let alone other issues.

Anyway... Hope the new Digimon show does get picked up by the US :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3