• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fetch Quests

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2...

*continues to repeat on and on in his head*

Can't wait. Very Happy

I second that statement. Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort is pretty cool and I'm glad the release date has been settled. I knew about the Studio Ghibli/Level-5 collaboration for a while. I'm looking for it alongside DQIX and The Last Story.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
I wonder who the "Dan" is in Castlevania: Encore Night with the frequent red gems? Laughing
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm just stopping by to throw in the second ANN staff endorsement of Protect Me Knight. This game is fantastic. Every moment that you and your three buddies do not own Protect Me Knight, you are cheating yourselves.

Also, it is sad what Castlevania has become, and I don't mean "a puzzle game".

Oh, and Todd: don't you mean CAVE'S Princess Debut?
KariOhki

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I need Hexyz Force, I forgot it was coming out...my wallet is drained from March releases and I was going to import Sakura Taisen...

I played through AT3, it was an okay game, but 2 was much better. 3 just feels very disconnected from the other two games. Ending spoilers:
spoiler[And it does have a definitive final ending, at least to the trilogy of "saving the world" games that AT has been so far. I think they've mentioned spinoffs, but there's not much more they can do within the main story unless they kill the world off again]
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, I'm a tad dissapointed with The Another World (gotta love that Engrish). Compared to Ghibli's art and design work for their movies it looks a little generic.

Obviously that's not a judgement on the actual gameplay itself, though.

Kyogissun wrote:
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2...

I cannot wait for this. Mario Galaxy is quite possibly the best game I've ever played.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh I wish they would remake Popful Mail! I only got to watch my friend play it, but it was so wonderful back in the day

Birth by Sleep: Wow, Leonard Nimoy? With all the hype surrounding it, I have a feeling this game is going to kick far more ass than KH2 Final Mix+ did.

The Another World: Why does no one mention Jeanne D'Arc? That was another big success of Level-5 you know. Dark Cloud 2 was the most amazing game and it still rules (pop it in your console and you will still love it, trust me) while Rogue Galaxy was rather average despite its length and many layers of gameplay. I don't know how a Ghibli game will perform but it's probably safe to bet it will perform admirably.

Ar tonelico 3: Though AT2 was somewhat of a letdown for me, I strangely have hopes for this game. But they still need to add a cool nonhuman like Garzbern or Gray as a playable character. In fact, with every game Gust releases (whether it's an Atelier, Ar tonelico or Mana Khemia) I'm expecting them to add some sort of dragon character every time. A shame they've only done it once (Garzbern wasn't playable in AT1 sadly Sad ). What does annoy me about this game is the fact there is so much emphasis on taking off your clothes. Even the fighter characters purge their garments down to their undies when they use their special finisher.

Neptune: I'm wondering if I should really say anything here. Girls who are physical representations of video game systems fighting together against a common enemy sounds really...dumb to me.

Last Ranker: I'm wondering why Capcom didn't just work on the next Breath of Fire. I need my dragon fix dammit! Oh well, we'll see how this one does.

Hexyz Force: I think I know what new PSP game I'll be getting. The cover art does have a cool anthro-lion character too, so I already sense a winner! Anime hyper

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Miyamoto has also promised an increased difficulty. I wonder how that will blow over. The first one was hard enough at times.

Witch's Wish: It does look exceptionally cute if anything. I hope it does better than Witch's Tale did. Wish I owned a DS though XP
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
Akumaphyre wrote:
Quote:
Rogue Galaxy (which I thought was pretty well done)

I thought so as well, and I nerd raged a little inside when it was called dissappointing.

I third this sentiment! Smile

I fourth. Love Level-5. Though I'm only interested in their console games, they always put out stellar work.

DragonsRevenge wrote:
Rogue Galaxy rocked except for its cop-out story. Resonance of Fate on the other hand.....

Was by tri-Ace? What are you getting at there?

*wonders if maybe you were thinking of WKC*
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Umm... I thought Resonance was by Level 5. Maybe I am thinking of WKC. Eh, they were both high profile projects by established companies that fell short of expectations. Though in TA's case, that's par for the course.

No, I remember, Resonance was Tri Ace.

Eh, whatever.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:
Umm... I thought Resonance was by Level 5. Maybe I am thinking of WKC. Eh, they were both high profile projects by established companies that fell short of expectations. Though in TA's case, that's par for the course.

No, I remember, Resonance was Tri Ace.

Eh, whatever.

That's correct. Level-5 did WKC which from what I hear was quite a mess. Tri Ace did Resonance which is a tragically underrated gem in my opinion. It's certainly a game that stays true to it's more hardcore JRPG roots that won't work for everyone these days but at the same time it contains a lot of creative innovations to remove some of the more tiresome aspects of the genre. The story is an absurd mess but it's also very unobtrusive. Overall, it's miles from perfect but probably the best attempt I've seen to evolve JRPGs without abandoning their roots.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
OMG so many great games coming out. Totally looking forward to NinoKuni: Another World, Mario Galaxy 2, and Witch's Wish. Very Happy
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:04 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks that screenshot from THE ANOTHER WORLD looks silly?

I could never understand why people are so nuts about Ghibli animation... I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the lack of "moe" character designs. Hurray for ugly characters?
captaincrunch

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote
Prinny???? C'mon that NIS Char in that Hyper Dimension Game Neptune is obviously a female version of Laharl.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote
A Castlevania Puzzle Game? Very Happy Now i've seen everything,the game play reminds me of Sega's Columns. also looking forward to Mario Galaxy 2

it's nice to Xseed bringing in more falcom RPG,I heard they plan to bring Y'S 7 for the PSP,I've been a fan of that RPG series since the SNES Version of Y'S 3 Wanderers of Y'S

Witch's Wish looks interesting,I may be a guy but I have a soft spot for these sort of Magical Girl-style games and such as long as they deliver at least some action Very Happy
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
I have to say, I'm a tad dissapointed with The Another World

Me too... I was hoping for a remake.
Looks good though. Question is whether the story & gameplay will be good enough to warrant the time investment.

Ai no Kareshi wrote:
I could never understand why people are so nuts about Ghibli animation... I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the lack of "moe" character designs. Hurray for ugly characters?

Yes -- everyone is wrong but you.
CZeke

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
The reference to Sonia Belmont baffles me. Why would anyone have expected her to be in a Symphony of the Night spinoff game?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4