• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2010 - Aniplex USA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:
They've also pretty much confirmed Working! for US release (from bayoab's live blog):

21:20:54 <bay> Q: Working to the US?
21:21:03 <bay> A: we're working on it
21:21:18 <bay> You will hear the annoucnement quite soon
21:21:23 <bay> but I can't say any further at this point
21:21:26 <bay> (he's the licensing manager)

That isn't 'pretty much confirmed' at all. That's "maybe", from someone with a non-perfect grasp of English.

Plus, you have no idea how soon "quite soon" is to the person. Not to mention, deals can fall through at just about any moment. I don't get too excited until I see the solicitation.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:13 am Reply with quote
machetecat wrote:
READ OR DIE?! OMG I AM SO THERE.

That caught my eye too. Although I've had the DVDs for years. I still hope that Funi picks this one up, and I would have thought it would have been towards the top of the list since it was actually on TV.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:23 am Reply with quote
Dear Aniplex USA,

How about giving your colleagues at Sony a call and asking them to let Nodame Cantabile be released in R1? Last I heard mysterious rights issues concerning the musical score stood in the way. I doubt that's as significant a deterrent as the fear that Americans are culture-less boobs who won't appreciate (and thus purchase) a show about classical musicians.

It's hard to understand how music rights are so central when much of the score contains works written centuries ago and is performed by a pick-up orchestra.

If you're going into the business of releasing shows directly, why not Nodame?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2