• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Libraries

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demonix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote
My library just plain stinks as my local only has the first two volumes of .Hack// legend of the twilight (but that's British libaries for ya)
molloaggie

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
My library has jumped into the manga collections and even has a seperate set of shelves for manga titles. Between the two city libraries, we have 348 unique Japanese manga titles plus quite a bit of American comics. My library also gets full series and will even re-order a volume when a copy is damaged. However, the shelves are pretty empty still but that's because everybody keeps borrowing them!

We don't have any anime yet though. The library is still getting VHS- very weird. But the hard truth is that VHS last longer than DVD due to human abuse so I think that's why they've stuck with DVD so far.

If you want more manga at your library, try donating a title or two. If they're sitting on your shelf, just give them to the library to share with everybody else.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Man I a spoiled, my Libariy carries over 230 Manga and has 300 Anime titles. Ofcorse this is the Denver Public Library.
Evil or Very Mad I don't think the libraries around my place have any anime. They have a few volumes of manga, and I saw Maus there one day even though it's not manga. The waiting list went on for several pages though...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2