• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Did we just get another unnannounced Sentai delay?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Somehow, I really don't think TSRI holds up higher than any of them in terms of stock credibility.

FYI, TRSI is Sentai's warehouse provider. It would be normal for them to get releases in-stock before anyone else.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
This may or may not be related to the delay of the Canaan blu-ray, but on the AoD Glitch forum there's a thread talking about how with the Canaan DVD theres a major subtitling error on the eighth episode.

Just thought this should get mentioned.

Man, this entire release seems like one big mess...
kamanashi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm just gonna cancel my Amazon order and order with RightStuf tomorrow. Too late to worry now. Sent Amazon a question though asking about the status of the item since this is still kinda weird.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
I'll stick with it unless it gets worse. I'm saving roughly $20 via Amazon - hooray for gift codes.
The Count

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:08 am Reply with quote
Well I just got my shipping conformation so it looks like it's in stock, at least at RightStuf.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Somehow, I really don't think TSRI holds up higher than any of them in terms of stock credibility. Especially considering that they once completely failed to notify me of a Geass release delay a long time ago - after it was bought and paid for. A delay I learned through Amazon and Best Buy.

This item is in stock and shipping. We have shipped all retailers on this sku, so if they show as not currently in stock, they should have it within a few days.

In terms of your issue with Geass, I'd really like more information on that. It is not possible with our system (and it is illegal in Iowa) for us to charge you without shipping the item to you. It is possible that the item was delayed and the order was held, but we could not have charged you, as card charges only happen at the shipment level.

Nonetheless, I would guess Amazon will show stock on this shortly.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure on the details on the Geass thing myself either - it was the original 1st Limited Edition set, so it was a while ago. Might've been a mistake, glitch, who knows - I just know it wasn't terribly fun. I also ordered that particular set with a Visa gift card - could've been that, but I don't think so. Wasn't that set also recalled due to a disc print error? Whatever.

Anyways, I'll just be patient with Canaan. If they don't ship it out by November 2nd, I'm ordering from TSRI.

...Provided you guys don't change the price by then... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
I'm not sure on the details on the Geass thing myself either - it was the original 1st Limited Edition set, so it was a while ago. Might've been a mistake, glitch, who knows - I just know it wasn't terribly fun. I also ordered that particular set with a Visa gift card - could've been that, but I don't think so. Wasn't that set also recalled due to a disc print error? Whatever.

I don't think it was recalled but I remember that a lot of sets had playback issues with the first DVD (mine wouldn't play one of the episodes) and maybe it was recalled after all.
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, now this is just getting worrisome...

Yesterday, around 2 PM, I magically changed me mind: Canceled the Amazon order, and went with TRSI instead.

...And it's been over 24 hours now... I dunno about you guys, but for me, TSRI has always shipped stuff out to me within 24 hours. Rarely on the fringe.

Is this...just my luck? >_>
Altacia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Yesterday, around 2 PM, I magically changed me mind: Canceled the Amazon order, and went with TRSI instead.

...And it's been over 24 hours now... I dunno about you guys, but for me, TSRI has always shipped stuff out to me within 24 hours. Rarely on the fringe.

Your impatience makes me feel better about my own... 24 hours and you're all ready worried? Take some deep breaths and step away from your internet for a while.

Smile
silencer226

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Amazon apparently just got the Blu-ray in stock, I just ordered it, but the price has been jacked to $49 now. If I had known this would have happened I wouldn't have cancelled my order with them either.

I hope this one doesn't have subtitle problems... well I'm stuck now they just locked my order and it says shipping soon... *cancels Uta Kata... not really*
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
John Casey wrote:

Your impatience makes me feel better about my own... 24 hours and you're all ready worried? Take some deep breaths and step away from your internet for a while.

Smile

=_= It's not a matter of patience - it's a matter of luck. Which was just proven, seeing as Amazon JUST got them in stock...after I cancelled to order from TSRI...which has failed to ship it out in the usual 24 hours.

Someone's out to get me, I know it. The Gods just don't want me to have this Blu-Ray.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:06 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

Dude, you really need to friggin' chill out. It usually takes 24 hours for your order just to appear in the TRSI system. Is there something about this show that is driving you a little insane?
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quote
Lol, no, but I am a little edgy. This past week has been nothing but rotten luck for me. This doesn't help. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, for me, rotten luck = stumbling and accidentally getting impaled on a sharp spike. Not receiving, by online order, an item in the same week it was officially released, falls into the "not entirely unexpected category." In any case, I hope your "rotten luck" improves!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3