• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe's Top 10 Anime Songs of 2010

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised to see K-ON pull off four slots in this list. They have had some of the best songs out in Japan so far, and even though i'm a bit biased, I am satisfied that "No, Thank You!" pulled #3. That song is major awesomesauce.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gokuyuske

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Those songs are mostly terrible with Angel Beats and Sore no woto being the exceptions. Ironically, the best anime song to come out this year was for a fake anime; all rise for the legendary Hironobu Kageyama!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQX0fxPz0Fs
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that "My Soul, Your Beats" made it, as Lia deserves all the praise she can get.
And even if you don't like K-ON! you can't seriously say that "No, Thank You!" is a bad song.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
I guess it depends on the person. I like "No, Thank you!" and "Irony", but, I would not consider them on a list of best anime music from 2010.

"Mai Kaze" from Hakuouki would have made my personal list.

Most of the people who vote for these songs are likely male otaku who like fanservice and moe. Nothing from Bleach. Nothing from Naruto. Nothing from One Piece. Just seems kinda odd...like, who were the people that were asked to pick songs? Did Biglobe just pick random men hanging around the Akiba to pick songs?
f22ace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote
Ok i agree with the angel beats one, angel beats had a ridiculous soundtrack but srsly... the number 1,2 and the k-on ones... wtf, totally not worthy to be up on that list.

I cant believe The HOTD opening by Kishida Kyoudan & The Myoujou Rocket, did not make it up on the list... srsly that Op was ridiculous with those crazy guitar riffs Anime hyper.... no love for the harder rock... when will the "moe" craze die.... please be soon =\
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
GACK! I'm so happy "Crow Song" was on that list, even if it was in the last slot!

But those K-On!! song names make me twitch. I have to get back to watching the first season, and I haven't actually listened to any of them, but for some reason the buzz it's getting almost makes me not want to go back to it at all. I don't know why it makes me cringe. It just does.

Also, in reply to a couple of posts: I too hope that FUNi gets Angel Beats!. I dearly hope for it. Dearly. Like, with every fiber of my being. I know, I know, it totally does look like a Bandai thing. But...I want Funimation! Waaa! Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2