• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action xxxHOLiC Cast Photographed in Costume [2013-01-24]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Yuuko's costumes look absolutely fantastic (if you click on the link to the high res, there's a dress the resembles the dimensional witch dress). Watanuki's actor and Yuko's actress look pretty dead on, the other two not so much, but with live action adaptions you can't be picky. (I didn't like any of Hana Kimi's actors at first look, but they all grew on you)

The only think I'm weary of is Anne Watnabe. All the photos show a really serious face, which for Yuko's intro I can understand. However if by episode three that woman doesn't smoke and get drunk off her butt as well as give Watanuki creepy smirks - then she will not be Yuko, and I shall only be watching the show for the pretty Yuko-wannabe dresses.

And Watanuki's actor better be pretty good at freaking out.

And PGSM was fantastic for what it was, a Sailor Moon sentai show, and one that kept the most die hard of fans guessing and surprised. Sentai shows don't have much of a budget, and once you get that in your head you get over Luna.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
we won't have to put up with a CG mokona ::shudders::

Well, there are^H^H^Hwere plenty of plush Mokonas on the market. ;p I still like the idea of a kigurumi Mokona. Creepy as hell, maybe, but fun... or not. ^^;
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
And PGSM was fantastic for what it was, a Sailor Moon sentai show, and one that kept the most die hard of fans guessing and surprised. Sentai shows don't have much of a budget, and once you get that in your head you get over Luna.

I think for me the big thing that makes PGSM work is that it didn't try to take itself too seriously most of the time. That and the fact that it has the best pacing out of any version of the Sailor Moon story and I include the original manga in that assessment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2