• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:56 am Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
Yeah, but while we have been told that Matt Damon ISN'T going to be Orochimaru, they didn't back it up with proof of who IS to be cast in the part.

I'd say the very ridiculousness of an A-list Hollywood actor doing a relatively low-profile Japanese cartoon for cable TV would be proof enough that he's not going to be voicing the role. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote
Well, that could also be due to the fact that Orochimaru doesn't appear in his actual form until epsiode 29 or 30, and for the most part the characters listed here are from about the first 10 or so...

The thing that bugged me a bit was that there was no comfirmation of who's doing Haku, who is a major chacter in that first story arc
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
The thing that bugged me a bit was that there was no comfirmation of who's doing Haku, who is a major chacter in that first story arc

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that, too. I mean, given that Zabuza & Haku go kinda hand-in-hand in terms of character development (and, of course, story development in that first story arc), it's kind of odd that they'd only devulge information about the one and not the other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
silverwings

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Nionel wrote:

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that, too. I mean, given that Zabuza & Haku go kinda hand-in-hand in terms of character development (and, of course, story development in that first story arc), it's kind of odd that they'd only devulge information about the one and not the other.

Unless they want to keep a certain fact about Haku a secret to people who don't know? Wink
Nionel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:24 am Reply with quote
I'd assume your talking about the possibility of a gender switch, which if it happens would mess with some of the character inaction, like when spoiler[Naruto says that Haku is cuter than Sakura] that scene wouldn't have the same effect if Haku was actually a girl.

Either way, Haku will be voiced by a woman, but I'm hoping that Viz doesn't pull the gender switch, 'cause so far this looks to be a promising dub...
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote
Having NEVER seen any episodes of Naruto (Though I read the manga), I looking forward to the dub now. Especially now that alot of my favorite voice actors are working on the dub.

And only 365 days until an uncut DVD release. Woo!...... I mean... What?? A whole friggin' year?
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
Nice. Big ups to Viz and ANN for clarifying that.

But who is Tsunami? A little early to cast Tsunade, if that's who that is.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I was thrown by that too, I'm assuming it's actually a minor character nobody remembers from the Zabuza arc.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
But who is Tsunami? A little early to cast Tsunade, if that's who that is.

Tsunami is bridge builder Tazuna's daughter, Inari's mother. Inari is another character that hasn't been listed yet.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Ah, finally an official announcement. I had feeling there would be one soon with the Toonami Premire just a few weeks away. This looks to be a very promising Dub, I'm looking forward to Sept 10th.
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
I saw a little sample of this dub at the Licensing Show this year, and the voice they had for Naruto sounds almost EXACTLY like it does in Japanese. It was almost a little creepy how dead-perfect they got it.
Do you know if they used the original music?

Nice cast. So far, all things are pointing to "This dub is gonna pwn".
tvacnaar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am thankful that Joshua Seth didn't have his name in this dub, I personally hate most of his work. I think that this cast is a a great selection. I figure that Viz would be bold enough not to do a gender change, but I don't know for sure, though I still make the mistake of refering to Haku as a girl.
gosox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Robbie Rist the guy who played "Cousin Oliver'" from the Brady Bunch is on the show . The show has jumped the shark before it has evened aired. Evil or Very Mad
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The guy who's been cast as Sasuke I see has also been cast as Renton in the Eureka 7 dub. With Sasuke being one of the major characters of this show, and Renton being THE main character in E7, what does that say about the status of the dub for studio BONES' latest? Naruto will go on forever... How long until I get my R1 E7 DVDs?
Mad_Triad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited about the dub, I hope it airs over here (or becomes available to download), gonna have to wait sooooooo long til the R1 DVD's are released Anime cry

I'm looking forward to hearing Naruto's voice, they even stuck with getting a woman for the voice just like the Japanese dub. Ace.

Quinton Flynn as Iruka, never thought I saw that one coming, Raiden from MGS2! Ha!

Although Steven Blum is a cool voice actor I'm glad he's not doing Kakashi's voice, not that he is bad or anything but it is just he's been in too many dubs for my liking to be Kakashi. He should fit the role of Zabuza nicely though. He's doing the script adaptation too, I hope he's done a good job of it.

Last edited by Mad_Triad on Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5