• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga-ka in Tiff with Son's School

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Is it possible that the "five dummies" disagreed with the teacher and were labled by the teacher the"five dummies". So then the kid of the artists tells his mom about the incident and she illustrate'd the stupidity of the teacher in the manga . The teacher see"s ,get mad , and gose to the board of the school.... I know teachers always back other teachers just like cops . Any way we don't have enough info yet to know for sure and I am speculating on the events in question. Wink
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote
Why couldn't she just use some other name? I mean, if the plot and characters could be parallel, that's no probem. A lot of manga are based on real life events in the author's life. I can understand why the teacher would be a bit jumpy on that. Heck, I'd be jumpy if I were a student. If the name is different, the author has a much harder time being sued.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2