• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seitokai no Ichizon Light Novels Get More Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I think the person writing up the new article confused Ichizon with Yakuindomo. In Yakuindomo, the male there was forced to join. In Ichizon, the male purposely works to get placed on the council so he'd have his harem.

Exactly, yes. In Ichizon, the top student is given a sort of honorary position on the council and he worked his butt off to get there. In Yakuindomo the school recently converted from all-girls to co-ed and they needed a male to join the council.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Stretch24 wrote:
Didn't Ken say at one point that the very reason he studied so hard, and got the highest grades, which automatically placed him in the student council, was to have his own harem?

If you stuck around until the end of the season, they reveal the real reason why he joined. spoiler[It's because all 4 girls have helped him in the past during various times when he was very depressed. He worked his butt off to join student council so that he can help them and they'll never be bored of the work.] I think the harem was a joke, as there were quite a few harem shows coming out when it originally aired.

As for more anime, I wonder if it's OVAs or another season? It really doesn't say what it's going to be.
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
d-_-b zzzzz wrote:
Wow this is retarded.Not saying i hated the show though because i liked its funny conversations but in the last episode even they studio said. "Seriously there wont be a season 2". Lying bastards

It was a joke, man. Everyone knows that popularity among otaku can be completely arbitrary, so they were being pessimistic.

Worst case scenario, the show doesn't sell at all, and it never gets a second season. It becomes a self-fulfilled prophecy.

Best case scenario, the anime gets a sequel, much to the studio's amazement. It's a win/win joke, pessimistic omen and a hopeful prayer, all in one sentence.

And by the way, if you don't like this sort of joke, you shouldn't watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. They're always jokingly moping around because they think they won't get to make another season ("Bakemonogatari is what's selling right now!").
timesteel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote
woot I've been waiting for this.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
this is great news im loving the series so far. if it is a new anime crunchhyroll would definitley simulcast it which is great. Very Happy
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
MOKYUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! X3333

Great news is great!
Niomo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
o
m
f
g

YES

I will make time and return to ANN forums just for this show.

edit: i wonder what theyre gonna do for an overall plot, since now we know why he joined. spoiler[Newspaper war]? possible....
diemeow23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
d-_-b zzzzz wrote:
Wow this is retarded.Not saying i hated the show though because i liked its funny conversations but in the last episode even they studio said. "Seriously there wont be a season 2". Lying bastards

Lying or not this is will always be awesome, I mean If studios kept on lying about not having second seasons then I'd gladly cut my wrist every time this happens! Anime hyper
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this time Ken will spoiler[succeed in having a harem.]
bin1127

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote
I'm watching the first one right now and it's hilarious. This is great news!
Jack99

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
By coincidence, I am currently rewatching Seitokai Ichizon (because I like it), and then I saw this. I wonder, by 'more anime' do they mean a second season, or some OVAs or something like that?
ANN wasn't clear enough about this, but an actual 2nd season was announced, which I will eagerly watch as soon as possible.
takasu95

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
probably theyre going to let us see his sister Ringo and His Ex-Girlfriend (dont know her name) in the 2nd anime adaptation of it.
and probably Mafuyu and Ken might become a Couple growing stronger to the end of the second season since Mafuyu confessed to Ken in the last episode of the 1st season. plus we might see some more things outside of the student council room. because every conversation was mostly confined in that room. so look for some changes in the atmosphere of the show. if my predictions are wrong then whatever its still a great show to watch. i love the parody and comedy. plus how everyone is so funny and serious not just one-sided.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2