• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation, Sentai in Talks Over Former Bandai Entertainment Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metroid24

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
nice I say funi gets the gundam series seed 00 wing 0079 etc suzumiya lucky star cowboy bebop .hack code geass eureka 7 and sentai gets ghost in the shell outlaw star hayate the combat butler k-on pilot candidate mai hime my oteme series scryed kurokami infinite ryvas crest of the stars zegapain and dragon drive
that sounds fair
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Let Funi get it all so they can put out Lucky Star and get the OVA dubbed
Hobbiton Guard

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
Really hope Gosick gets recovered from what Bandai had. That series was amazing.

I am right beside you with that sentiment. Gosick is one of my favorite anime series. I'd also like to see Star Driver license rescued myself.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
Please, PLEASE get Haruhi, Funimation! K-ON should be with Sentai. Don't know where they'd end up, but it's nice for us Gosick/Nichijo fans to have a ray of hope Cool

Except Bandai doesn't have the rights to Gosick or Nichijo anymore, as soon as they closed down, they returned to their original owners. So, the rights have been available for quite awhile now, and no one has bothered to pick them up. Which depresses me greatly, I really want to own Gosick, its my most wanted anime release actually... Supposedly someone has picked it up, but they haven't announced it yet...
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

In-house with a different voice cast! Rolling Eyes
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
It seems Sunrise is developing a US presence on their own, but unlike Aniplex USA, will be distributing titles through other companies. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually set up a full US branch.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
HobbitonGuard wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Really hope Gosick gets recovered from what Bandai had. That series was amazing.

I am right beside you with that sentiment. Gosick is one of my favorite anime series. I'd also like to see Star Driver license rescued myself.

Very much agree to seeing Gosick and Star Driver get rescued. I own the subbed Blu-rays for Star Driver already but it would be nice to see it get dubbed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi would probably go to Sentai (although I love Funimation dearly), Funimation would more than likely get Cowboy Bebop, (They own all the animes shown on Modern day Toonami so it wouldn't suprise me in the least if they get Bebop as well.) K-ON would be with Sentai, and I'm not sure where Lucky Star would end up but I hope it goes to the company that would treat it the best and so that we FINALLY get a dubbed OVA. I'm also praying for the Nichijou Liscence to go to Funi, but I'm scared that they'll over price it (like all of their other animes lately.) But I know they'll do a good job and I can just find a way to get a subscription to their site or just watch it on Crunchyroll. (Although I've already seen it subtitled so it would probably suck compared to the original but that doesn't mean I won't support the American release.

But one more thing, how about they save some of the lost Tokyo Pop titles!?!?! Like GTO, or Marmalade Boy, both of those animes are wonderful, let's not leave them hanging (Especially GTO, Marmalade boy IMO is crap compared to how amazing the Great Teacher Onizuka is!)
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I pray that FUNimation licenses Gundam, Cowboy Bebop and Scrapped Princess. Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star and K-On go with Sentai.
lilly_938

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

In-house with a different voice cast! Rolling Eyes

Except since it's only the OVA, they'll most likely get the original voices like they did with other shows (Black Lagoon).
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:

But one more thing, how about they save some of the lost Tokyo Pop titles!?!?! Like GTO, or Marmalade Boy, both of those animes are wonderful, let's not leave them hanging (Especially GTO, Marmalade boy IMO is crap compared to how amazing the Great Teacher Onizuka is!)

I'm pretty sure Discotek picked up GTO.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:

Discotek already has GTO!

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-24/discotek-licenses-gto-tv-anime

And with how close their business relationship is with Toei, I wouldn't be surprised if they get Marmalade Boy too.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope that Lucky Star will be one of the titles that will be in the deal. That's one series that I missed buying. Other than that I pretty much own a good deal of their titles that were released before and during the economic chaos. Many of which I wanted. That also included TGWLTT. I know many (as well as myself) would love to see this title rescued as it was part of Bandai's catalog. TGWLTT should be top priority. But I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that this deal will go through and newer fans will get the chance at some titles they missed.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Sat May 25, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Prefer how Funi releases things. Nice boxes and so forth. Sentai has yet to put out something really nice in terms of packaging.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome!!! I think Funimation should pick up Cowboy Bebop (the past ANNcast with Justin Cook said that Funimation would rescue Cowboy Bebop if anything happen to Bandai, and this look like the case and it could be true). Also I think they should pick up the whole Gundam series:

-all the UC Gundam series (I want Zeta Gundam to be redub, and if they can get ZZ Gundam and Victory Gundam that would be awesome)
-Gundam Wing (keep the original dub and give it a HD makeover for a blu-ray release)
-Turn A Gundam (that series need to be rescue, if Funimation dub it can we get Annika Odegard from DW: Gundam 1 and 2 to reprise as Loren Coheck for the dub and if they can't, can Cherami Leigh or Alexis Tipton voice Loren).
Gundam X (would be a awesome acquisition pick up if Funimation and Bandai and Sunrise negotiate for it)

Yes, I would like to see Gundam SEED and Gundam 00 series rescue by Funimation. I think The Big O should be given to Funimation (I don't mind Sentai get it, but I think Funimation should be given more mecha anime).

I think Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, and the first season of K-ON should be given to Sentai.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8