• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Madoka Magica Film Listed on October 26

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quote
UK screening please, or Australia screening, iIm flexible Razz
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty excited to see what is in store for this 3rd movie. The first two where shown in a theater outside of Philly, I'd loved to go back to see the 3rd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Since my city just got screenings of the first two movies two months ago and I actually got to attend I'm actually hoping for international screening, even if the first two spoiler[disappointed me with their lack of notable new material]

I'm going to point out what I usually point out on these topics:

According to an interview in one of the Kirara Magica volumes I own, Magica Quartet had planned the sequel movie first, but then, when considering Madoka had hit the mainstream public's interest, yet the mainstream public still didn't have a convenient way to access the show, they decided to compile the show into the two movies before the sequel movie, in order to also boost the ratings of the sequel. In fact, the first two movies are intended to be sold at a cheap price (well, cheap for Japan) in casual bookstores and such in Japan, where they can be bought on a whim instead of marketed solely to the initially intended otaku audience.

So the first two movies were meant to be more than just cash cows sold to otaku with little effort to add anything new to them. They were actually meant to catch the now-interested public in on something they hoped to turn into another "classic," like evangelion (which still sells mostly to otaku, but has public respect), since the original broadcasts were limited to really late at night.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Let's just hope they actually dub this one. Confused
loli_tsubasa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
It seems like Toho Cinema has changed that info https://twitter.com/koinya/status/351728472848220161 now it has returned to "fall this year" :/
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see the two compilation movies when they ship at the end of the month. Glad to hear the 3rd movie will be coming out this fall.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
I just hope the UK actually gets a screening of this one. For some reason, we didn't get one of the first two (I wouldn't be surprised if it was became our home video release of Madoka was in the same month as the movies' release). However, MangaUK have been quite vocal in the past about a possible marathon screening of all three movies once this one is out. I have the first 2 movies pre-ordered with Rightstuf.

When I asked him about it at London MCM Comic Con, the answer I received was "If I told you, I'd have to kill you", so who knows xD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2