• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
Why would you talk about sales when one episode is out, nothing will be sold for some time now.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Heizendegger, I agree with the other two. I don't understand your rush to pan this show. I thought the first episode was great, and as was they mentioned, only shows with huge backing or a well established manga or light novel have merchandise out before the first episode airs. Give them a minute!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Are you guys this new to how the industry work? Really?
Are you serious?
It's already confirmed for flopping, I'm not saying this out of hate, but as a fact. The orders are available for a while now, and there is not many title in the history who ever started out this weak.
And as if it weren't enough, the japanese even stopped talking about it, there isn't any interest around it anymore, you would know this if you frequented 2ch threads.

You can argue about the show's quality being bad or good; I accept the opinions of those of you who liked it, but its bad sales is a different topic. That's not up for debate.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I'll be sure to hop on over to 2ch just as soon as i learn how to read Japanese
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
How is a series with no established manga/light novel supposed to secure sales or interest before the first episode even airs? "They aren't talking about it on the first page of 2ch, and pre-orders by retailers prior to airing have been light" shouldn't automatically correlate to "this show is DOOMED!!"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Decent first episode. There are tons of questions revolving the death of Fuyuna but I think they'll be answered in future episodes.

From what I see this isn't really a moe/fanservice show. It feels more like a darker shoujo series. It probably won't appeal to the Japanese male otaku. But I wouldn't let something unrelated to me to affect my enjoyment with the show. Looking forward to episode 2.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:

From what I see this isn't really a moe/fanservice show. It feels more like a darker shoujo series. It probably won't appeal to the Japanese male otaku.

But it IS seinen, at least they targeted audience are males; which is quite apparent and I can see how they would be the ones this show appeals.
It's just that they couldn't do the things they were supposed to do really well, but that's how far someone can get with minimal budget.
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
My point is that regardless of how Japanese otaku perceive it, it won't affect my enjoyment with the series. It's not great but I enjoy it enough to warrant the second episode.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:57 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:

You can argue about the show's quality being bad or good; I accept the opinions of those of you who liked it, but its bad sales is a different topic. That's not up for debate.

hmm, it's still up to debate. Some show start show, then some for reason it sells ok when it finally went on sale. So what's bad sales? give me your number. When ANN finally post the number, we will comeback to this topic again.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote
We know that it fell down to to around 5000th rank on Amazon, and I have yet to see any series that sold even a thousand copies (which is still considered really bad) with that start.
And judging by the reaction of some otaku, the interest among them died out.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
You don't like the series, and think it's a failure, WE GET IT! So why are you still here, other than trying to badger the rest of us into agreeing with your stupid assessment and drop the show? We liked the first episode enough to at least give the second episode a shot. You obviously didn't. Let us keep our opinions, and stop trying to force yours down our throats.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
I never understood the "You like what I don't so go to hell!" mentality I see around here. It wasn't happening much on the last anime board I posted on.

Take something like Devils and Realist for example. I'm not watching it. I didn't even get very far into the first ep before making that decision. But you know what I feel for the people who DO like it?

Happiness. They managed to see something in the show that I didn't, and they're better for it. They're finding enjoyment where I had to look elsewhere. This enjoyment isn't harming anyone else so therefor only good can come of it. They're better for liking something than for not.

I'm on my tiptoes waiting for Il Sole ep2 here. If this wasn't such a busy season I'd likely be getting antsy with anticipation. I'll never understand why anyone would be offended by that.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
We know that it fell down to to around 5000th rank on Amazon, and I have yet to see any series that sold even a thousand copies (which is still considered really bad) with that start.
And judging by the reaction of some otaku, the interest among them died out.

so if this sales 3k, then you are wrong?
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

so if this sales 3k, then you are wrong?

Yes.
Though I'll be surprised if it reaches Fractale's sales...
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
2nd episode tells me the pacing is spot on and this is likely my #1 for the season for sure. Also, that's one awesome soundtrack.

I'm glad they explained about the rampant growth of the plants. In ep1 I whenever Akari went on about Tarot being her passion I was all like "What about the freakin' plants!?!?" Although I did laugh at Luna explaining why the plants grew so fast, only to spoiler[throw around a bunch of vines in the fight scene.] It reminds me of an old game I played where a blue-clothed wizard named Frost's first spell was Fireball because that was everyone got for a first spell.

I'm also glad at how skillfully they seemed to avoid "the funk". Well, hopefully they avoided it. It seemed like they did but I guess it's still too early to say. I found Akari's reaction leaps and bounds better than the reaction I was half expecting (the one I usually see in anime, which is a woe-is-me type).

I figured Seira would be my favourite (God, those eyes when she transformed are stealing my soul) but I'm not so sure now. It can take a while for them to crack the ice queen types, so I'll wait patiently and hopefully. She's certainly got the most badass cool attacks of the group tho. Ice turret FTW.

Also bonus points for having a shower scene while showing absolutely nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 15