• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: R2 Fullmetal Alchemist Movie Subtitled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
o_o hopefully they do this with more R2 releases~! Wah, but I'll just wait till FUNimation releases it, I don't have an R2 player.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Hi no Neko wrote:
And the line between official releases and bootlegs is further blurred. Confused

Not really, expect to see massive bootleg of these now that they don't need to be subtitle.
konosuke15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
the translations may just be horrible, you know....

at least its great for those that HAVE the money to be able to get all you need to play an buy the DVD
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
What I personally find funny is that everyone's already scrambling for information about region-free players to import the DVD, when odds are this thing'll probably Engrishy as hell and it'll probably be more worth it to just wait for the Region 1 release translated by native English speakers and sold for a third of the price. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DVDaholic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
odds are this thing'll probably Engrishy as hell

What are you basing that on?

Most official Japanese releases that include English subtitles do a very good job with the subtitle portion. Granted, not many anime titles are even released in Japan with English subtitles, but the ones I've seen are not "Engrishy" at all.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
What I personally find funny is that everyone's already scrambling for information about region-free players to import the DVD, when odds are this thing'll probably Engrishy as hell and it'll probably be more worth it to just wait for the Region 1 release translated by native English speakers and sold for a third of the price. Laughing

I'll be waiting for the Region 1 because I don't like importing for one thing. But as for regional codign on dvd players....I have an xbox and I can mod it to play all regional codings if I wished to...I won't though so far I have no reason to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
This is good for those into the R2 market. Me? I prefer Funimation's English dub of FMA, so I'll be wating for the inevitable R1 release, which will have both languages.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't Region 2 also cover Europe?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
theoriginalbilis wrote:
This is good for those into the R2 market.

Like me, though only for Asian live action movies. I have a few R2 and R3 DVDs, but never really wanted to pay the high costs for importing anime.

The fact that the prices are extremely high, there usually aren't English subs or even a dub, and since my all region player actually stopped working Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop... is reason enough to just wait for an R1 version.

Besides, I haven't seen anything since about halfway through the series anyway.. (note to self, buy the rest of the DVDs).

rankothefiremage wrote:
Doesn't Region 2 also cover Europe?

This should explain everything.
Nionel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Great, this means it'll appear on the various torrent sites even sooner after the Japanese release Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I'd actually expect the subbed version to pop-up online the day that the DVD is released in Japan, if not sooner than that. We all know that the fanboys and girls need their fix...
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:

Did Millenium Actress not come out with a subbed version over here? I saw it subbed in a theater in NYC, I figured they'd release it on DVD with subs as well as dubbed.

Yep, I own the R1 DVD of Millenium Actress, and it's got both languages and subtitles.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:43 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Great, this means it'll appear on the various torrent sites even sooner after the Japanese release Rolling Eyes

You saying that like there isn't already a torrent or two out there of the movie...
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:57 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
darcerin wrote:

Did Millenium Actress not come out with a subbed version over here? I saw it subbed in a theater in NYC, I figured they'd release it on DVD with subs as well as dubbed.

Yep, I own the R1 DVD of Millenium Actress, and it's got both languages and subtitles.

It was? Last I remember, Manga UK was making a UK dub for it, which was going to be the first English dub for it, since GoFish's "stance" on dubs.
Serge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
darcerin wrote:

Bollocks, the R1 Release don't have a English Dub, only Subtitles.

DKL wrote:
So how much will it cost?

The DVD? I would hope for at least $30 but I might be setting my sights a tad low. Razz

Also, the R2 FMA Movie (3 Disc Edition will only have the Subs) will be $80...Pricey.

It's frustrating posting a Message on ANN, Page just locks up half of the time.
CaptainRisu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:

it only came out subbed. never dubbed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4