• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer 2011 anime season.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takuku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Going by that list, i'm only interested in No. 6. The only other series I might consider is Dantalian no Shoka and possibly Sacred Seven.

Someone almost brought up on Youtube that apparently Reborn will be continuing this Summer and that they found it in the summer lineup. Will be interesting if this is true.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping the work on the second season of Working/Wagnaria can proceed fast enough for a summer placement, I'm really looking forward to more Inami action and would love more inclusion of the "normal girl" they finally gave screen time to in last year's finale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
For a more complete list of confirmed Upcoming TV series for the Summer: Countdown Anime

Upcoming OVAs and movies in their respective pages (menu links at top of the page)
Eivion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Will be watching, Baka to Test 2nd, Blade, Blood-C, Natsume Yuujinchou San, & Nurarihyon No Mago 2nd. I didn't even know Nura was getting another season. Didn't think Blood-C was coming this early either. Might check out Appleseed XIII, but I was never a big fan of the movies. Always found them to be unmemorable for the most part. Unsure about the rest since I know practically nothing about them. Will probably check out the first episodes of half of them to see if they do anything for me.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Whats up with all these crappy Marvel Anime imitations? Are they bound by a contract or something?
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
Whats up with all these crappy Marvel Anime imitations? Are they bound by a contract or something?

You would think so, given that this is the world of business.

And they are not imitations, they are adaptations done with Marvel's signoff.

As to their quality, Iron Man was okay, Wolverine was utter crap, X-Men could go either way at this point.
Mister V

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:

That's what I was thinking. What the hell? When will Madhouse get their brains back? I mean, I hope they're not putting off Yume-miru Kikai because of this.

As to the other shows:
- Natsume is a personal favourite;
- Both Noitamina shows actually look interesting this time;
- A show set in 1800s Paris? I will have a look just to see how badly they butcher the setting;
- Gainax show - yes;
- Blood - might be worth checking out;
- BakaTest - yeah, as long as it remains fun.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:

The deal was for four of them, Blade is the last one and if the boring Iron Man and the plain bad Wolverine were any indication, they won't be making any more. Unless, against any reason, they're a giant hit in the US when they air on G4. And while Americans as a whole are not known for good taste I think I have enough of a grasp for what Superhero fans like, and those two ain't it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
so this what summer 2011 got hmm of all those i think i might check this anime Manyuu Hikenchou.

give wonder who came up this storyline & seiyu so far hmm might give it a chance.
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:54 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
so this what summer 2011 got hmm of all those i think i might check this anime Manyuu Hikenchou.

give wonder who came up this storyline & seiyu so far hmm might give it a chance.

Hmmm... I wonder what we can expect from this series. It's website is http://oppaidaisuki.jp/. Strange domain name, wouldn't you say? And the website animation starts off with a steam bun (that's what a steam bun looks like, right? Razz )
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
Not too many titles look promising for me. I will be waiting for:

1) Towa no Quon

2) Sengoku Basara

3) Kokuriko (new Ghibli feature)

4) No 6

5) Per-hapssss Blood C. I liked Blood +, I wonder what is this one supposed to be, remake, preque, sequel, anything to do with Blood + except for the setting?
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
5) Per-hapssss Blood C. I liked Blood +, I wonder what is this one supposed to be, remake, preque, sequel, anything to do with Blood + except for the setting?

Looks like it's CLAMP's take on the Blood universe (and actually written by CLAMP, not them writing a few notes down for other writers to flesh out) with Production IG bringing out the big guns. The guys IG have on this are much more "top tier" than the people who worked on Blood+.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
no dtm42, as an avid comic book reader, well been slacking off this year......THOSE ARE NOT ADAPTATIONS.

They didn't even refer to the comic book when making that crap Wolverine. Adaptation my ass lol. More like chopped and screwed garbage.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
no dtm42, as an avid comic book reader, well been slacking off this year......THOSE ARE NOT ADAPTATIONS.

They didn't even refer to the comic book when making that crap Wolverine. Adaptation my ass lol. More like chopped and screwed garbage.

I don't know quite what you are meaning, however what is fact is that Wolverine was based off of an actual story in the actual comic books. Hence, adaptation. A horrible adaptation to be sure, but then that's not all that surprising now, is it?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote
Didn't want to bump up something from a few months ago but:

Using some information from this thread:

CrunchyRoll's Simulcasts:

From Previous Season(s)

Steins;Gate
Nichijou
Beelzebub
Hanasaku Iroha
Gintama
Sket Dance
Blue Exorcist
Bleach
Naruto
Fairy Tale

It appears that CrunchyRoll might announce their licenses at AX - Source

Viz's Simulcasts:

From Previous Season(s):

Tiger & Bunny

New:

Nura Season 2 - Source

Hulu wrote:
Availability:
Nura Season 2 will premiere wtih the first episode available two hours after Japanese air on July 3.
Each Monday Hulu will add -- direct from Japan -- subtitled episodes of Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, one episode per week immediately following their original Japanese airdates.

FUNi's Simulcasts

From Previous Season(s):

One Piece
Toriko
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3