• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help for an Anime Friend

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iemander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote
TestamentSaki wrote:
Iemander wrote:
For example, why would a self secure individual tease someone? Why would they bother to waste their time on something so trivial and useless? It's because they feel insecure that they tease other people. I mean, most people who actually tease, are ones who've been teased when they were younger.

I don't agree. People who tease usually do just because. They usually don't have a reson to. Or if they do, it's just for fun.

And actually, people who have been teased before are less prone to tease, since they know how HUMILLIATING it is for someone to be used as a scapegoat just because someone's BORED.

I should know. I was teased when I was in school and still am teased in college...

Actually, although I can`t vow on its credibility, that last note came from a newspaper article, and the people I talked with about it agreed. I think it`s fairly logical as well, people who`ve been teased before are more afraid than others, hence they`ll keep trying to stay on top etc.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

"Whatever! (waves hand)
"As if!" (rolls eyes)
"BURRRrrrrn!" (after making fun of someone)

Hey, I'm by no means any of these people (I'm a geek), but I enjoy using "Burn" as much as the next person.

To the OP, just tell them not to let it faze them. If other people don't want to better themselves by exposing themselves to other people's culture, that's their problem. (And there's a high chance most of those people will be burnouts in a couple of years anyways.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2