• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York ComicCon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Jgo: The Wachowskis already did an Evangelion movie: The Matrix Revolutions. PJ's busy with Halo and still licking his wounds from Kong. Rodriguez could work, as long as we don't get an Evangelion similar to Shark Boy and Lavagirl.

Halo=Bad idea. I'm still hopeing he dumps it. And I know Kong wasn't that good, but he was able to get his dream project out of the way. So, I can look past that.

TWB need to redeem themselves after the horrible way The Matrix ended. As long as they didn't drastically change the story, I think it could get them back on dorks good side.

Another guy I thought of is Quentin Tarantino. Sci-fi is one of the genres he hasn't done yet. I wonder if he finished his war script yet?
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:19 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Quote:
- Naruto - first volume of the Cartoon Network dub out on 3/28 with four episodes per volume. The second volume will follow about three months later, and starting Q3 of this year, the release schedule will be accelerated. Uncut subtitled episodes will be released in box sets of thirteen episodes each, on three DVD's, at an MSRP of $49.98. The first box will be out on July 4, and the second on December 6. Both sets will contain exclusive extras.

According to what I see with Naruto, the uncut releases are subtitled only (which is fine by me).

Fullmoon will have undubbed songs and song subtitles.

Yeah; but I'm kinda used to the dub. But I know the subtitled stuff is better.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
No CMX coverage?

Widya Santoso
--
"No, because we're boycotting CMX for the editing they did on Tenjo Tenge..."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
As for rooting for FUNimation over Viz, I've been doing that for the past three or so years now. I was pissed about Viz getting Full Moon wo Sagashite when it happened, and this is only justifying that sentiment.

Pick your poison: Changed or omitted music, or music without subs.

I think FUNi has ditched that habit. Of course, the brain trust could have enough sense to leave the songs as is. Of course, that's not to say that the translations wouldn't be good. There have been some decent song translations in the past and I have a CD to prove it.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote
According to the TP panal report, it seem like Shonen Junan Gumi was push back to 2007? On TP's page, it still state June 13 of this year.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Jgobats81886 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Jgo: The Wachowskis already did an Evangelion movie: The Matrix Revolutions. PJ's busy with Halo and still licking his wounds from Kong. Rodriguez could work, as long as we don't get an Evangelion similar to Shark Boy and Lavagirl.

Halo=Bad idea. I'm still hopeing he dumps it. And I know Kong wasn't that good, but he was able to get his dream project out of the way. So, I can look past that.

TWB need to redeem themselves after the horrible way The Matrix ended. As long as they didn't drastically change the story, I think it could get them back on dorks good side.

Another guy I thought of is Quentin Tarantino. Sci-fi is one of the genres he hasn't done yet. I wonder if he finished his war script yet?

Well, if we're all just going to namedrop random directors that sound cool, why not let Kevin Smith do it? He is, after all, a self-confessed fanboy. (In general terms.)
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I'd like Kevin to do a genre picture, too, but he's busy wussing out and doing Clerks 2 instead. Crying or Very sad
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
while we're talking about Tokyopop are they ever planning on putting up the March issue of manga online? It's getting kind of late...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kiriath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Hmm? Farscape theatrical?
drizzts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know anything else about this theatrical farscape?
BlackCassidy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:09 am Reply with quote
I can't forsee the Farscape movie being any more successful than Serenity. A Farscape anime seems like a much safer bet to me. Now a Firefly anime....*drool* (And no one say "We already got one with Cowboy Bebop/Outlaw Star/etc.")
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:33 am Reply with quote
Jgobats81886 wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Tarentino wouldn't go for Evangelion. Too many restrictions for a director who traditionally likes as much freedom as possible while directing.

As for ADV's "New mass-market model"- two words. "iTunes anime."
Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Quote:
- Naruto - first volume of the Cartoon Network dub out on 3/28 with four episodes per volume. The second volume will follow about three months later, and starting Q3 of this year, the release schedule will be accelerated. Uncut subtitled episodes will be released in box sets of thirteen episodes each, on three DVD's, at an MSRP of $49.98. The first box will be out on July 4, and the second on December 6. Both sets will contain exclusive extras.

According to what I see with Naruto, the uncut releases are subtitled only (which is fine by me).

There is always the possibility that it was misquoted or not specified (since most people have been wanting the sub specifically.) It wouldn't make sense since I beleive that the ADR has been quoted in saying that there is already an uncut dub (as it was edited in house and by CN.)
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Jgobats81886 wrote:

An interesting choice someone suggested on the Ain't It Cool News forums was David Cronenberg.

Widya Santoso
--
"Now where is that CMX coverage?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Quote:

There is always the possibility that it was misquoted or not specified (since most people have been wanting the sub specifically.) It wouldn't make sense since I beleive that the ADR has been quoted in saying that there is already an uncut dub (as it was edited in house and by CN.)

Nice to have a release date for uncut Naruto. *marks calendar* It had better not be subtitled only, because I really want bilingual. I'll probably wind up watching the sub version more because I got so used to the voices after watching fansubs before it was licensed state-side, but I don't want to have to buy the whole series twice to get both languages. It's going to be expensive enough as it is.

It's nice to see Del Rey is branching out. I've been really pleased with their treatments of Tsubasa and Holic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3