• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Red Hot Chilli Peppers Song For Death Note

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightYagami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Wow, I wonder how they picked that to be in Deathnote? Shocked Of all things. But that was a pretty rad video I have to agree.

If you read the lyrics for Dani California:

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/652327.html

It pretty much sums up the spoiler[relationship between Misa and Light in Volume 4 ]

I wonder if thats going to be a part of the live action movie?
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Anyway, why just ask for the song when they could cast them in the movie and dub them in hilarious Engrish?
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:

I just want to know what's the deal with all of the bands wearing black and red lately? A.F.I

A.F.I always wore black and red clothes they have being doing that since they released the art of drowning as far as i know!

btw no voice shall ever pown the voice of davey havock!!!A.F.I FTW
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if the death notes moive will be any good,much like hollywood the live action remakes tend to be recreated poop than live action versions...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Successful_Troll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
2: It had wicked references from a ton of other great bands from the Beatles, Elvis, Motley Crue, Nirvana, The Misfits([expletive] Right!), and much more.

I dunno, I saw the video and the first thing I thought was:
"Wow, look at all those costume changes. Isn't someone spending an awful lot of money just for the RHCP?"
Rei_Mi_Chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Hmm..Chilis and DN????
Those are two of my favourite things, but not two things I'm looking forward to seeing together. The song is great, but it's a little too..."pop-culture" for a manga like Deathnote. I don't know if I would go with Marilyn Manson Wink , but definitly something a little more underground.
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote
Ya,to pop culture and to off subject,The other side would have been a better choice but it seems Anime shows pick shows a bit better its not flawless but it seems they give up to much for live action...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
StarMasayume

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone ever mention when the movie might be expected to come out? I just found out about it and I'm excited Anime hyper Must know so I can tell my club.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Quote:
So does this mean that the movie will be released in America?

I highly doubt it.

Now that video was awesome for 3 reasons.

1: RHCP are frikkin awesome.

2: It had wicked references from a ton of other great bands from the Beatles, Elvis, Motley Crue, Nirvana, The Misfits([expletive] Right!), and much more.

3: That song was really good. I was a bit put off from their By The Way album (just a bit, it was still great but not as great as Californication) but hopefully, this is a sign that this new album will be really good.

I just want to know what's the deal with all of the bands wearing black and red lately? My Chemical Romance, A.F.I, Green Day, and now RHCP. Granted, they actually have red in their name but it just seems like the current trend.

The Xenos wrote:
Well, not a big RHCP fan. Pretty good though. Yet I'm not sure why that song fits Deathnote at all. Actually, if anything I'm thinking their song Otherside. Then again it sounds like it's more that it's their big new single, which kind of stinks of commercial synergy rather than something artistic from the musicians or movie makers.

Also, I don't know why anyone would suggest Marlyn Manson. He's one of hundreds of gothic bands and is highly overated by both his fans and critics. I like him, but he's not the be all and end all of goth music. Though Personal Jesus is kinda fitting for Misa and Light, what's wrong with the orginal version. Hell, there's a lot of goth music out there in the US and Japan that could be put in Deathnote.

As for bands wearing red and black? It's just an awesome color cominbation. I know I've liked it before I ever even heard of My Chemical Romance. Also.. when the hell did Green Day start dressing somewhat goth? Nothing wrong with it, I like it in fact, it just surprised me.

Jack White from the White Stripes would have a problem with you two. Supposidly, he was going to sue (or did) Green Day when they started to use what he called his color motif. Funny, because can colors that have exsisted for centuries ever really be trademarked? Colors that represent death and blood which is really all that is said in rock music nowadays.

I loved that fact that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers sported that clothing showing that that is the new look after all the other ones.

Green Day has not ever appeared "goth" to me more so punk. If anything My Chemical Romance is more goth at least used to be. I personally think the color combination has always looked better on MCR than on anyone else.

As to the song actually fitting with the lyrics. Well at first hearing I would think no, but since I have not read the manga I would not know the little things that make them relate. If anything though I do think the mood fits, but pretty much anyhting rock would wouldn't it?

Oh, and about the whole RHCP and Death Note thing. The first thing I noticed when I went to the site was that the movie was Warner Bros. then as I watched the video I noticed that the RHCP were a Warner Bros. band. So that made sense to me at least.

Final Note: Red Hot Chilli Peppers rock!
Zippydsm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote
SnowStar_7*
ya but this not only feels like a corpate deal but it is one,I can understand it a bit better when the song fits the anime but then we cant forget thos are 99% corpate "deals" *L*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2