• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: How the 2020 Olympics Might Affect Comiket & More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
You don't notice that Japanese animators are being forced to do their own start-ups and begging American fans for cash for projects, because they've basically been blackballed by the otaku jihad?

Everyone's doing that now, even rich producers like Spike Lee. They're just adopting a new form of getting money to circumvent the troubles of having to get funded in the traditional manner. Also, you are clearly moving goalposts.

Also, your "otaku jihad" sure has done a poor job of killing Yamato, GitS, Shingeki no Kyojin, KLK, and a whole bunch of other projects too numerous to even think of. Some jihad.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Apparently otaku have been strong-armed into liking moe. "Buy this figure or I break your legs, capiche?"

That does indeed make a lot of sense.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
walw: And Spike Lee said he can't get projects greenlit, unless the characters have capes and tights.

Quote:
Also, your "otaku jihad" sure has done a poor job of killing Yamato, GitS, Shingeki no Kyojin, KLK, and a whole bunch of other projects too numerous to even think of. Some jihad.

That's only because the studios are only now starting to realize what a liability the otaku are to broader sales. In some cases, they're putting up some of their own money to make these adaptations happen.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
So basically, Comiket is going to be dead by the 2020 Olympics.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh for fudge sake (seriously ANN, stop this censorship asap!), they should leave it as it was before those creepy censorship came into effect.
The demons of LDP needs to go away, anime & manga industry is doomed if this continues.

Comiket & everything else (nudity in anime, lolicon doujinshii's etc) is completly harmless and it does in fact boost Japan's economy. Not to mention that it keeps the pedophiles at bay or do you want a raping-spree in Japan?. They should seriously start considering how to reduce victims instead and to enforce bans in harmless areas, it's pointless.
But I suppose LDP values fictional characters more important real life victims.

Censorship is evil, we need to destroy censorship and the LDP in order to keep our freedom!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
That's only because the studios are only now starting to realize what a liability the otaku are to broader sales. In some cases, they're putting up some of their own money to make these adaptations happen.

So your otaku mafia jihad has broken up and problem solved, guess you can stop complaining against an imaginary threat now.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
hawkwing:
Quote:
Comiket & everything else (nudity in anime, lolicon doujinshii's etc) is completly harmless and it does in fact boost Japan's economy.

It boosts the economy about as well as 50 Shades of Grey or that YA novel bubble boosts our economy: hardly.

walw: No, they're still around. They're just not entirely getting their way like they would have in the past.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
walw: No, they're still around. They're just not entirely getting their way like they would have in the past.

No, it's still problem solved in that case. Otherwise you're venturing into "you're not allowed to like this because I don't" territory.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
walw: The otaku still have the most pull. It's just that the production companies are fighting back. The latter group hasn't won just yet, though.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
How do you know some of those in the production companies aren't otaku themselves, and may actually enjoy working on this stuff? Let me guess: that's impossible, you've interviewed everyone in every company and they all hate otaku anime.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
walw: Because you can tell the only otaku animators are at Gainax, since they've done their part to ruin anime, too.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
You lost me at "Akihabara mafia ", I mean really? You're not making any sense, i'm trying to understand what you're trying to say, but its impossible.

You know, I'm pretty sure the industry just makes whatever series sells the most.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
So...the Olympics is going to screw over Tokyo just like how it ****ed over Vancouver? woopee Rolling Eyes

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
GATSU wrote:
You don't notice that Japanese animators are being forced to do their own start-ups and begging American fans for cash for projects, because they've basically been blackballed by the otaku jihad?

Everyone's doing that now, even rich producers like Spike Lee. They're just adopting a new form of getting money to circumvent the troubles of having to get funded in the traditional manner. Also, you are clearly moving goalposts.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?! Are you sure that the grasp of the otaku jihad hasn't slipped their slimy fingers into the cracks of Shingeki no Kyojin? How do you explain THIS moe piece of trash?!

(I kid I kid)
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
rederoin: No, the industry make whatever it can price-gouge consumers the most on, at the expense of art, and paying animators a living wage. Hence, moe.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
rederoin: No, the industry make whatever it can price-gouge consumers the most on, at the expense of art. Hence, moe.

If that's your argument, I think it applies to entertainment, all of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6