• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

As a light novel reader, I can assure you that now is when the actual plot kicks in. Season 1 was mostly just build up and hint dropping.

that's good to hear, because honestly, this episode was kinda boring
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of this series and even I agree that this episode was weak. It was basically just finishing off novel 4, a collection of short stories that was partially covered by the first OVA.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice another girl added to the harem.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Now I recall why I didn't remember this series too well, IS try's for a multitude of the usual comic bits that are found often in harem series (and of course features the "action scenes" to balance out said over harem atmosphere), some of them work and most of them for my taste fall flat.
Maybe I will watch this months from now, but for this season of releases IS2 is dropped for me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote
And here we have Tatenashi, student council president and master troll. If any character were to be rightfully labeled a Mary Sue, it would probably be her. Though I say that, I don't dislike her or anything.

Oh, and surprisingly she's actually not part of the harem.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Tatenashi is my 2nd favorite character from the show and damn, she is mischievous. I wouldn't underestimate her though as she can definitely kick my ass in no armed combat.

Eh, the episode was okay but felt a little slow for me. Laura was adorable as usual though but spoiler[Tatenashi stole the spotlight this week with that swimsuit + apron combo.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Laura--that's all I have to say. Laura.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
Tatenashi is my new fav girl of the show now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I don't see why he does not just report Tatenashi for sexual harassment, which is something she is actually committing. She has some good points, but maybe she is a little too good.

I am a little disappointed by what I saw in the preview, I was hoping they would spoiler[put Charlotte in a butler outfit too].
takashimiyamoto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 2
Tatenashi is my 2nd favorite character from the show and damn, she is mischievous. I wouldn't underestimate her though as she can definitely kick my ass in no armed combat.

Eh, the episode was okay but felt a little slow for me. Laura was adorable as usual though but spoiler[Tatenashi stole the spotlight this week with that swimsuit + apron combo.]
Very Happy
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Ep2-

Hmmm. 2 eps in and still nothing. I dig Tatenashi too but not enough to buy out all the stupid I see. However, I am anxious to see her suit up. I doubt that's happening for at least 2+ episodes though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
However, I am anxious to see her suit up. I doubt that's happening for at least 2+ episodes though.

Hm, from the rate they're going I think we might be seeing spoiler[Mysterious Lady] in action next week.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Typical harem anime. Typical male harem anime lead character. What else more is there to say about it?

Some people have complained about the pacing, but I think probably the best thing I can say about this season is they seem to be willing to explore the theoretical aspects of the IS pilot training that prince dumbass has to master. Not that it makes a lot of sense in any conventional weapon context -- you just have to be willing to assume that IS combat is different and the training reflects that. But why does the coaching fall to a sempai and not a sensei?

In any case I am much happier with it taking a long time and considerable effort for eunuch-in-training to reach the skill set that it will take for him to win the day in the second-to-last episode of the season which is what we all know is coming.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Light novel adaptations usually have problems with the pacing one way or another.

In regards to Ichika's sex drive, it's pretty obvious which girl he likes the most.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Midori?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8