• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I also took a bit notice of the OP song now after listening to a few times. At first, I didn't too much but the lalalalala part is in my head now as I'm typing this. The latest episode was fun especially in the beginning. I like how this show has a diversity of supernatural entities.

Hime also looked cute in that spoiler[swimsuit]~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
Damn, I loved the action + OST of this episode. Go Hime! Thatspoiler[ Anti-Daemon field seemed painful though. Seems like the others also found out that Hime is a daemon.]

Those conditions seems like a bit harsh to me. Give him spoiler[mayorship]? Pfft. Lol, poor Hime-chan though. She got wrapped in those spoiler[bandages]. Classic.

What an episode and that cliffhanger!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Am i the only one who felt like everything in this episode happened so abruptly? I mean the villain in this episode had almost NO setup, he just appears and starts reeking havoc.

At least there were some decent plot elements revealed this episode (which made me enjoy it more than i have recently) but still kind of felt like things were rushed through a bit.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Am i the only one who felt like everything in this episode happened so abruptly? I mean the villain in this episode had almost NO setup, he just appears and starts reeking havoc.

Not really since they showed him last episode. There was also the spoiler[tv not working] last episode that played an important role in this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Somewhere spoiler[high in Tokyo]? Like what, spoiler[Tokyo Tower]? No, that is way too obvious..... Oh.

I do think they should have eased their way into these events better than they did.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
Actually, what was news to me was that Sakura Town seems to be part of Tokyo. I never knew geographically where it was located in Japan, but it seemed to me that whenever they showed overhead establishing shots of the town, it appeared to be surrounded by a fair amount of countryside.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
^
Yeah, I would have liked that knowledge ahead of time too.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
How much familiarity with this franchise does one need to watch this? I've always been interested in the original, but I never got around to it. And for a while I ignored this iteration and the OVAs since I didn't watch that first series. However, I've seen in some sakuga MADs lately with several scenes from this show which has intrigued me to look into it. Well, whaddya know? My man Ryo-timo has his paw prints all over this being both the Head Director and Chief Animation Director. I gotta see this now.

After looking further into it, I saw that he's also head man for the two OVAs along with Tatsunoko Production (studio behind this series, but not the first), so I assume those two at least are required viewing. Is the first iteration required viewing, or would it help to see it? If I don't have to watch the first I'd rather not since I might get a Yozakura Headache, but I will if need be.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm mostly watching this for Ryo-timo's style myself. I wouldn't say the OVAs are required viewing for the story, but if you're a fan of Ryo-timo style animation then yeah, they're required viewing Razz.

I haven't seen the original, and I get what's going on, so I don't think it's necessary.

Well, speaking of knowing or not knowing what's going on, what the hell was up with that random moment last episode of spoiler[the land god kid whipping a rocking horse on a roof]!?!?!?!?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
You know, I've always liked the way your jib was cut, Galap. Thanks for the help.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I have seen the original and the other OVAs and I'd say that while having seen that stuff is helpful, it is by no means necessary to enjoying this version. I say go for it. I should also mention that I really liked the previous material and am enjoying this, too.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
Well, speaking of knowing or not knowing what's going on, what the hell was up with that random moment last episode of spoiler[the land god kid whipping a rocking horse on a roof]!?!?!?!?

spoiler[Yuuhi (the land god who looks like a young boy) is whipping Yae (the land god who dresses like a nun) who is on the rocking horse. The land gods are not, as a general rule, supposed to intervene directly in human / yokai affairs. Yae, however, is inclined to help out and regularly pushes the envelope on what sort of divine assistance is and is not allowed. Yuuhi may look like a kid, but he's been around a long time and is very powerful. Yae is his younger sister.]
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
So basically they were pissing about while problems abounded? LOL Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

This episode was awesome. Although I have only watched 6 episode and not seen the original series, I already feel quite invested in it. I might owe this partially to a catchy OP and melancholic ED, both of which I like and think sets things up well, the characters just feel very entertaining without being sigh worthy. For the episode I was drawn into the different character emotions. Like with Kyousuke spoiler[as a scared], but can still laugh at him spoiler[considering if he would really die for Hime].

Also, Kotoha created a train cannon. Heard what song Hime had been singing, though she kind of failed, seeing her spoiler[dedication to protect them despite how much she obviously cared about the scarf] was tear worthy. It was all made up by her going spoiler[awesome with the real dragon spear].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this episode. I don't really like this arc, actually. Part of it is because I find the villain irritating. They just plopped him in without introduction. I have no idea what his deal is and he seems completely uninteresting. The fights are just a lot of punching. I hate fights that go: fight one of these creatures ... oh you defeated that one ... then fight some more of them ... oh you defeated those ... here, fight some more of those exact same creatures. Eff off. Show more imagination than that or go home.

Plus, the show usually uses flashback to good effect, but they didn't work on me this time. Maybe because I was so irritated with everything else. The episode didn't seem to be smoothly directed ... it felt scattershot and choppy.

All in all, not impressed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4