• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aksys Games Adds Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi PS3 Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
CatzCradle wrote:
... Wait, is this version the same as the PSP and 3DS version?
I just sold my PSP game and bought the 3DS game ASDFJKLJKSH

No, it's not. The PSP & 3DS versions is just HALF of the PS3 game. The PS3 comes with the fandisk Zuisouroku, which was never released in English till this version. The Stories of the Shinsengumi is TWO games on a single disc. The article says that it adds roughly 20 hours to the game, especially since there's a new common route DLC for the main story, stories for Shinpachi/Sanan/Yamazaki/Kondo, and other minor stuff too (like the little animation movements of the eyes blink, moving mouths when speaking, etc).

Tokio Fujita's livejournal is a nice page that holds various information about the Hakuoki series and everything tied to it. The link I gave is the one that gives us the run down of each version that was released in Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
dollssoulkirie wrote:
CatzCradle wrote:
... Wait, is this version the same as the PSP and 3DS version?
I just sold my PSP game and bought the 3DS game ASDFJKLJKSH

No, it's not. The PSP & 3DS versions is just HALF of the PS3 game. The PS3 comes with the fandisk Zuisouroku, which was never released in English till this version. The Stories of the Shinsengumi is TWO games on a single disc. The article says that it adds roughly 20 hours to the game, especially since there's a new common route DLC for the main story, stories for Shinpachi/Sanan/Yamazaki/Kondo, and other minor stuff too (like the little animation movements of the eyes blink, moving mouths when speaking, etc).

Tokio Fujita's livejournal is a nice page that holds various information about the Hakuoki series and everything tied to it. The link I gave is the one that gives us the run down of each version that was released in Japan.

Oh I see, that's good to hear. Even though I already have the 3DS version, I'm really really tempted to buy this for the fandisk now.
Thank you for the helpful l ink and for letting me know!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2