• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Sonico The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
Most interesting slice of life show for me this season. Just love that manager guy xD. I think he'll probably serve as a "cock block" character which i'd normally hate but considering how innocent Sonico is he's necessary so people don't take advantage of her.

I personally didn't mind the headphones since i usually listen to music every chance i get with mine.
LET IT BE A NEW FASHION TREND I SAY!
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
finally watched the first episode, and it's exactly what I expected it to be: a 22 min commercial for Nitoplus and everything else we saw in that photo shoot and not much else. wasn't expecting much out of this anyway, but I did like the first episode, so I'll keep watching for now
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
More fanservice slice of life. They have a pretty good group of fans there. Any concerts I've been at, the crowd was terribly unforgiving if anything went wrong.

The end ctedits made me want to play Super Heroine Chronicle even more. *sigh* I've been saying that a lot lately.

Next ep... spoiler[Wow. Ouka. I actually didn't expect to see Ouka-chan in this. I still have Sabbat Nabe, the compilation that included Nitro Wars, the shmup game where you play as her and recruit other N+ characters like Options in Gradius. It'll be interesting to see her in an anime. She was N+'s mascot before Sonico came around.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if any of the characters will question why Sonico wears those headphones 24/7. She literally has not taken them off even once.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine said "maybe she's deaf and they're the only thing that lets her hear people."

Heart = broken.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
the Unusually Uninteresting Sight trope is in full effect here. She's Nitoplus's music festival mascot, those headphones are a part of her. they ain't coming off
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder if we will have a chance of seeing her bathing with it on.

Also, is her name seriously Super Sonico? Like her family name is really "Super", and her parents thought it would be a good idea to make name sound like "super sonic"?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
that's what she's been known as since 2006
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Your thoughts have been answered in Episode 3. spoiler[Well, you see her leaving the shower, in a hot tub and a beach scene so I guess that counts.]

I enjoyed the episode as whole. The storyline was a bit weak but it just made an excuse for 20 minutes of Fan Service, including the ED.

spoiler[Kitamura made it for me by getting totally smashed and the whole going berserk over Sonico's predicament.
]

spoiler[Squid and tentacles are all I have to say... Laughing]

Next week seems to have calmed down on the 'plot' but who knows?
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy cats, but I had a question from the 1st episode.

You leave 5 cats in your small apartment first thing in the morning, and then return after midnight, and your first reaction upon opening the apartment door is not wincing, covering your nose and rubbing your burning eyes from the stench of 5 cat's urine? (even with a bathtub size litterbox, 18 hours is too long).

Well, it was addressed this episode.
TehDarkPrince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Your thoughts have been answered in Episode 3. spoiler[Well, you see her leaving the shower, in a hot tub and a beach scene so I guess that counts.]

I enjoyed the episode as whole. The storyline was a bit weak but it just made an excuse for 20 minutes of Fan Service, including the ED.

spoiler[Kitamura made it for me by getting totally smashed and the whole going berserk over Sonico's predicament.
]

spoiler[Squid and tentacles are all I have to say... Laughing]

Next week seems to have calmed down on the 'plot' but who knows?

Tentacles you say? Is this Nitroplus sneaking a Saya cameo into their moe mascot show?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Well Sonico does have a nice body, I cam at least admit that I enjoyed the fanservice in general. Did not even mind that they brought in the whole tentacle thing, considering how it turned out. Although the ED did take it a bit further, not just that CG looks a bit creepy, but I had running through my mind a comment about Wake Up Girls and how things could have been worse if they were made to jump rope or do hula-hoops. Both of which happened in the ED, one after the other, along with multiple other things like bouncing on balls, and jumping on a pogo stick, which kind of made me feel dirty. Although I guess she is an adult, and it apart from my moral thoughts it did kind of look nice, she also seemed comfortable during the shoots in the episode.

So do we get more of eye-patch wearing loli?

Also funny that the manager was spoiler[getting offers] after what he did.

And one more thing. Wouldn't it get pretty annoying when your model turns up and talks that lowly about herself like she is going to mess up? I would think that it would not exactly give confidence to the people who are running the shoot who might not call her back because they think she might mess up like she was saying she does.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And one more thing. Wouldn't it get pretty annoying when your model turns up and talks that lowly about herself like she is going to mess up? I would think that it would not exactly give confidence to the people who are running the shoot who might not call her back because they think she might mess up like she was saying she does.

It's a japanese business thing. Where I come from we'd see it as low self esteem but there it's humility, which is the proper conduct. Saying something like "I'll be the best model you've ever seen!" would be viewed as arrogance and have a negative effect whereas where I live that would be confidence and have a positive effect.

The world is a big, big place. But you know what else is big? Sonico's bazoongas! YAY for fanservice! Also, although I was happy to see Ouka, Kitamura totally stole this episode for me. In a good way. The source of, and solution to Sonico's problems:)

Next episode looks like plot. We'll see.
TheShatteredCoin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:59 am Reply with quote
[quote="Shikiari"]
[spoiler]Squid and tentacles are all I have to say... :lol:[/spoiler]

Next week seems to have calmed down on the 'plot' but who knows?[/quote]

Why does the content in that spoiler tag seem like a tentacle hentai parody is inevitably going to happen? >.<

Eh not like rule 34 would need inspiration anyway.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Kitamura, best manager ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5