• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Website's Animation Page Opens a Countdown

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Meaning that the people here will retcon their transparent feelings on the issue should the news turn out to be positive. Rolling Eyes
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Geez why are people being so negative over this countdown?? Confused

They're just building themselves up for the catharsis that'll come when it eventually reveals something awesome. The awesomeness will exist in equal proportion to how awful they made themselves feel when the count started.
The proof in a pudding is in the eating. Wink
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
This brings back so many childhood memories. Can't wait~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

This particular fandom is overly pessimistic (and overly sarcastic) so it could be either. It's just the way things are.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
心の準備が未だ...

Just kidding, my heart's been prepared for two years! Wink
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

They're just building themselves up for the catharsis that'll come when it eventually reveals something awesome. The awesomeness will exist in equal proportion to how awful they made themselves feel when the count started.

luffypirate85 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

This particular fandom is overly pessimistic (and overly sarcastic) so it could be either. It's just the way things are.

But still, there's no reason to be that negative. If it was sarcasm then they should put an indicator because I can't tell sarcasm online. I don't know if I should report to the mod or not. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Geez why are people being so negative over this countdown?

It could have something to do with them delaying it twice already, making it a year since it was supposed to air. "But we swear this time it's for reals!" Basically, this is the 'anime company who cried Sailor Moon' and some of us won't believe them until they provide actual proof, like key visuals, a calender date, etc. At least this time they have a bit more information going in than for the proposed Summer or Winter airings. But when you've been more or less fibbed to twice, you become wary.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Geez why are people being so negative over this countdown?

It could have something to do with them delaying it twice already, making it a year since it was supposed to air. "But we swear this time it's for reals!" Basically, this is the 'anime company who cried Sailor Moon' and some of us won't believe them until they provide actual proof, like key visuals, a calender date, etc. At least this time they have a bit more information going in than for the proposed Summer or Winter airings. But when you've been more or less fibbed to twice, you become wary.

Yeah, I check on that and it look like you're correct, don't ask where I was when that article came out. I didn't even know of this until you brought that up, thanks. Now I know why some people are being negative. But hopefully this is the real deal. Anime dazed
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
And the first visual has been released in the latest thread. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2