• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds A Certain Magical Index Light Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
voltaseca wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
I mean, it's a LN & it's got 25 volumes out...

25?
Try 31 + at least 10 or so SS(short stories, that are canon and important for the plot). Also, Kamachi is known writing really fast, so I seriously doubt Yen Press will ever catch up.

I just went off the numbers that wikipedia has, and following that is says that the first run of the series had 25 volumes. Other than that there's New Testament which currently has 9 volumes according to wikipedia. But I guess everything isn't listed on wikipedia theen ;O.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Now that I've gotten my mental implosion out of the way with Index, I actually took a look at what else they got...

Quote:
Love at Fourteen manga

"Fall in love with Kanata and Kazuki, two unusually mature teens, in this bittersweet manga from the creative talent of Fūka Mizutani." The first volume will be ship in November.

Oh I know of this series! Interesting... I've never heard of King of eden though but given the author I'll keep a look out for it.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
This is amazing news; I will definitely be supporting Yen Press in this endeavor.

Here's to hoping they get Pet Girl of Sakurasou (and, of course, the myriad of other light novels that should be in English!).
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
That King of Eden manhwa sounds cool. Other than that, nothing really piquing my interest here. Will probably buy the hardcover Another, though. Happy for the Index fans, too.

aelphais wrote:

Not to mention all the censoring they'll do of pretty much every picture.

Yen Press doesn't censor.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Nice Job yen-press keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Quote:
Love at Fourteen manga

"Fall in love with Kanata and Kazuki, two unusually mature teens, in this bittersweet manga from the creative talent of Fūka Mizutani." The first volume will be ship in November.

Oh I know of this series! Interesting... I've never heard of King of eden though but given the author I'll keep a look out for it.

Woah, didn't even notice that one... Probably because I have not seen the title in English before Wink . Easily in my top 10 manga titles, not even exaggerating.

Yen Press... Anime exclamation
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
This is really going to slow down the translations, what a shame.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
It would be lovely if they could put out the Log Horizon novels at some point.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:

Yen Press doesn't censor.

Yen Press doesn't censor inside of the books, yes, but if you look at Omamori Himari: Volume 3's front cover (not from inside the book), it's kinda censored (I think a loli yokai's wearing panties, so instead she's wearing shorts). I might be wrong on this one, so please correct me if that's the case.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I do wonder what Yen Press' release strategy with Index will be, as even if they manage to keep up with Japan's crazy average of 3 novels a year, I'll probably be in my 30s by the time we finish the series (I'm 22). Heck, I'll be 30 by the time they finish the initial series if we do get 3 a year. So maybe even 40 before we even get to see New Testament?!
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
nice!

I'm always eager to try new light novels

my poor wallet though...

anyway, can't wait for the volumes of Another and A Certain Magical Index LN to be released

Last edited by Nemui_Nezumi on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy. This isn't going to end well, especially with YP's release strategies for their novels.

It'll take years to even get halfway. That's not including the stuff like New Testament either.

Still excited though.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Goodbye wallet, hello giant bookshelf!
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? light novel

Fujino Omori's comedy fantasy follows "a hapless adventurer and a failed goddess, with illustrations by Suzuhito Yasuda." It will ship as part of Yen On's initial launch lineup this winter.

So, without googling it or anything, this is interesting, if for no other reason than light novels are incredibly expensive to translate. With Yen Press creating a new imprint for light novels, and licensing a relatively lengthy, if popular series, this seems to indicate an unusual nod to the viability of translated light novels. I wonder who who's doing the index translation, since IIRC translating a light novels basically requires them to hire someone new. (for either the LN or to cover for someone else)
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have a Japanese or Korean source for the King of Eden series? Or even a promo title picture or website? I tried to search for it but nothing came up--not even what publisher will be housing it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5